The Student Room Group

Durham, Warwick or Sussex for International Relations MA?

So I've got offers from all three but am still puzzling over which one to accept. I kind of a have a prestige complex after leaving Exeter Uni to transfer to Reading Uni for health reasons at undergrad, and perhaps foolishly, for this reason, prestige maybe higher up on my criteria than it should be.

Obviously both Durham and Warwick are highly regarded and I like the look of both courses. Sussex's strength is that it is based in vibrant Brighton.Just wondering what current/past/prospective students for these courses think and any other thoughts from other minds.
Original post by poncho95
So I've got offers from all three but am still puzzling over which one to accept. I kind of a have a prestige complex after leaving Exeter Uni to transfer to Reading Uni for health reasons at undergrad, and perhaps foolishly, for this reason, prestige maybe higher up on my criteria than it should be.

Obviously both Durham and Warwick are highly regarded and I like the look of both courses. Sussex's strength is that it is based in vibrant Brighton.Just wondering what current/past/prospective students for these courses think and any other thoughts from other minds.

You really need to put prestige aside. All 3 are excellent univerisities, Sussex may be a tiny bit behind Warwick and Durham in the overall rankings but it is one of the places to go if you are interested in the international development side of things. Just as with undergraduate study you need to consider course content, location, facilities. Even better if any of them offer placements as part of the course. A Masters is a very intense 12 months and even more so if you don't like the course or where you are living.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending