The Student Room Group

IELTS for Cambridge

I am an overseas student in Year 13 and I am planning to apply for Cambridge this October. However, I have been struggling in IELTS and I can't get 7.0 in writing (as Cambridge requires a minimum of 7.0 in each paper). Is it alright if I don't hand in my IELTS results with my UCAS application? Will they reject it or put it as part of my conditional offer if I pass the admission test and the interview? Please help.
No you don’t have to put IELTS in UCAS, you have until August next year (1 month before uni start) to hand in IELTS results. And this will not hinder any part of your application. Just flag it up as an exam you have not taken to show them you are going to take IELTS.
Oxbridge don’t care about IELTS. At all. Because they are going to interview you, if your English is not good enough, they reject you. But you need it for visa, that’s why they put it as a requirement.
Reply 2
Original post by Arctic Kitten
No you don’t have to put IELTS in UCAS, you have until August next year (1 month before uni start) to hand in IELTS results. And this will not hinder any part of your application. Just flag it up as an exam you have not taken to show them you are going to take IELTS.
Oxbridge don’t care about IELTS. At all. Because they are going to interview you, if your English is not good enough, they reject you. But you need it for visa, that’s why they put it as a requirement.

Thank you this is really helpful. I am really worried cuz my friends told me that I need to have my IELTS ready by October and I can only take IELTS once lol
Original post by ctkching
Thank you this is really helpful. I am really worried cuz my friends told me that I need to have my IELTS ready by October and I can only take IELTS once lol

You can take IELTS for as many times as you like and no one cares (obv your parents will because it’s hella expensive). Just suggest that you take it as soon as you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending