I want to read a novel!

Watch
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

Any recommendations for fantasy novels like Harry Potter with a lot of twists and turns? Or a novel with love and relationships drama? I really want to start reading again.

Also, if anyone works near Bank Station, can you tell me where I can check out a really good library where I can find these type of cool novels?

Cheers.

AnharM
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Love relationship with drama? I recommend you to read Fitzgerald's classic the Great Gatsby! it is about a very wealthy main character called Gatsby who is trying to win Daisy Buchanan's favour and fell in love a long while ago. Daisy herself in turn is married to a very wealthy man named Thomas Buchanan. The characters are quite surficially and naive, but the story itself, telling by the first-person-narrator Nick Carraway, is fantastic. And the writing is very sophistically!

I am living abroad, so sorry that I can't help you with your library matter.
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Love relationship with drama? I recommend you to read Fitzgerald's classic the Great Gatsby! it is about a very wealthy main character called Gatsby who is trying to win Daisy Buchanan's favour and fell in love a long while ago. Daisy herself in turn is married to a very wealthy man named Thomas Buchanan. The characters are quite surficially and naive, but the story itself, telling by the first-person-narrator Nick Carraway, is fantastic. And the writing is very sophistically!

I am living abroad, so sorry that I can't help you with your library matter.
Hey

Thank you for your suggestion. When is this book set? Because I'm usually into books that are set in the present, or books that are set in the future. Does the book make it quite deliberate with the time setting of the book? I want to be able to picture the book in my head, and I have trouble trying to imagine how life was back in 1920 for example
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnharM)
Hey

Thank you for your suggestion. When is this book set? Because I'm usually into books that are set in the present, or books that are set in the future. Does the book make it quite deliberate with the time setting of the book? I want to be able to picture the book in my head, and I have trouble trying to imagine how life was back in 1920 for example
The book was published in the end of the 20s or at the beginning of 30s. It is about the the 20s in the United States with prohibition and the swing as a background. If you are struggling to imagine this period of time, so it is maybe the best not to begin with reading.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads