maria_minnone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm thinking about doing the extended project for chemistry and I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas/topics that I could look at. I am taking Chemistry OCRa.

Thank you
SB44336
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Could look at the problem with plastics and research the problems of its disposal (i.e. the reasons they cant decompose like how they cant undergo hydrolysis due to long hydrocarbon chains in complex polymers) and ways scientists are working to reduce the amount of plastic waste like creating a catalyst or using bacteria (there was a news paper article about this on the BBC). You could talk about drugs and their effect on the body which could cross over a bit with bio but talking about the chemical structures. You could talk about chem eng an industrial things but its probs better to ask someone doing chem eng about ideas relating to that field. I know someone in my class researched about hydrogen fuel cells
maria_minnone
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Those are some great ideas. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.93%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (30)
44.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.91%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads