Seeing your girlfriend without makeup for the first time? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I needed to pick something up from her, it was quite late she was ready for bed.

And when I went in and saw her, I could barely recognise her. Obviously through her voice I knew it was her but her face looked completely different.

With makeup she's got a slight tan, big pretty eyes and without she was so much more fair. I still like her, but it was weird to see how different she looked. Almost like two different people.

And then I realised, she's always worn makeup when seeing me, except for that time.

How did you react when you saw your girlfriend without makeup?

Girls, how do you feel about this? I'm not saying I was lied to or anything, but it's kind of like that.
Advertisement
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I needed to pick something up from her, it was quite late she was ready for bed.

And when I went in and saw her, I could barely recognise her. Obviously through her voice I knew it was her but her face looked completely different.

With makeup she's got a slight tan, big pretty eyes and without she was so much more fair. I still like her, but it was weird to see how different she looked. Almost like two different people.

And then I realised, she's always worn makeup when seeing me, except for that time.

Girls, how do you feel about this? I'm not saying I was lied to or anything, but it's kind of like that.
You weren’t lied go. It’s not even slightly like that. You knew that she wore makeup. No one would go through the effort of wearing makeup if they looked identical to how they did without it. Makeup is an enhancement, for some people it is an art (definitely not for me lol I’m fairly basic).

It’s probably a big step for her to let you see her without makeup for the first time. For a lot of people it is a confidence boost. I really hope that you realise that she’s the same person and that she was never being deceptive. If you judge her for this and if this changes your opinion then honestly I think that’s a shame for you and that’s a terrible loss for you. Looks fade but if you really care for someone then their personality should be the main attraction. I’m not saying that looks aren’t important but she can’t look that different. Her skin is probably lighter, some blemishes will be visible, lack of mascara or eyeliner will make the eyes appear smaller, maybe her eyebrows are more sparse. Her face however is the same.
RjIsRandom
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
girls with out make look like they are unwell or something.

it was shocking the first time I saw my girlfriend with out make up, she went from a solid 8 to a 4.

I felt abit sick aswell
They're just paler because foundation is made to make you look tan.
Advertisement
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You didnt know she'd look different? :rofl:
username3883544
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe she is not for you. Sad that she feels the need to have such a level of make-up, but not alone in this.
Advertisement
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

So she's no longer pretty without makeup? You said with makeup her eyes were pretty, implying that without they no longer are.

Honestly you sound like a bit of a twonk for saying you've "kind of" been lied to.
Lydia8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You shouldn’t expect a girl to look the same with makeup on as she does bare faced and natural. Honestly my boyfriend prefers when I dont wear makeup just because I don’t get it on his tops that way😂 you weren’t lied to though, you were just naive
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Lol :mmm: it’s sounds as though U’ve had a mental breakdown
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Reminds me of the guy who made a thread saying it should be made illegal for girls to wear make up with guys for the first time and that if they did they should be prosecuted for fraud.
Advertisement
Foreverconfu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

i look different without makeup but i know this and so does my boyfriend, for example i dont have barley any eyebrows so i draw them on. just acceopt it
username3989988
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Reminds me of the guy who made a thread saying it should be made illegal for girls to wear make up with guys for the first time and that if they did they should be prosecuted for fraud.
I really want to see that thread now. :rofl:
Advertisement
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is one of the reasons why you bed people right at the start of the relationship. You get to see them in their natural state the next morning.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
That guy should have been put in a bucket full of water with the lid locked on.
Advertisement
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sulfolobus)
This is one of the reasons why you bed people right at the start of the relationship. You get to see them in their natural state the next morning.
Ding ding!
xyz94
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, you weren't lied to at all - that's what you get when you date a girl who wears a lot of make-up!
lawlietxtt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ruthf)
You weren’t lied go. It’s not even slightly like that. You knew that she wore makeup. No one would go through the effort of wearing makeup if they looked identical to how they did without it. Makeup is an enhancement, for some people it is an art (definitely not for me lol I’m fairly basic).
I agree. However there's a line. The point of casually putting on makeup before seeing people is to enhance already present features. Not literally transform your face into someone else. At that point you're selling a false image. There's some crazy transformations on twitter that you'd think were different people unless told otherwise. I doubt this applies to OP though. Those situations are extreme.

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
So she's no longer pretty without makeup? You said with makeup her eyes were pretty, implying that without they no longer are.
...What's wrong with that? It's not against the law or morally wrong to find someone unattractive you know.
DabThruUni
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I always used to worry i'd put someone in this situatuon which is why i try to wear minimal levels of make up on a daily and keep it as natural looking as possible (unless on a proper planned day out). I think it's perfectly fine for a guy to want to see a girl without make up, he gotta know what he's in for ya know. And i personally wouldn't want someone to wake up beside me one day and freak out thinking i look like a monster.

With any guy that i was with, they saw me without make up early on, i pretty much took it off in front of them and they didn't seemed to have noticed too much and said i still looked great. And sometimes told me i should just go out without make up bc i look fine. No idea if they were lying to make me feel better lol but at least i made the effort to get that part out of the way, for their sake and mine haha. They didn't break up with me after seeing me without make up so i guess it wasn't a big issue to them.

Anyway, for the future just try to encourage your girl to show you what she looks like without make up, just once at least. If you want to be subtle just ask her to stay over one day and she'll have to wash her face before bed so yeah. Or you could go swimming lol
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was just a bit shocked, I genuinely wouldn't have recognised if I just walk past her.

She's very glamorous in her normal setting, big-ish earings, very pretty, tells me she does part time modelling (but that probably applies to every female in the history of instagram).

It's the shock of you knowing and seeing someone in a certain way for quite a while and then you see her looking like a different person. Like I can't describe it, normally when I see her my eyes are drawn to her, but this time I didn't want to run and approach her hug/kiss etc I was a bit hesitant. Like she looked so plain compared to looking so full and having such presence normal.

Kind of is being lied to no?
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lawlietxtt)
...What's wrong with that? It's not against the law or morally wrong to find someone unattractive you know.
I wouldn’t call that selling a false image. We all sell a ‘false image’ through makeup or otherwise if you want to go down that road. I don’t think we should shame people for wearing makeup, no matter how much that they wear.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ruthf)

It’s probably a big step for her to let you see her without makeup for the first time. For a lot of people it is a confidence boost. I really hope that you realise that she’s the same person and that she was never being deceptive. If you judge her for this and if this changes your opinion then honestly I think that’s a shame for you and that’s a terrible loss for you. Looks fade but if you really care for someone then their personality should be the main attraction. I’m not saying that looks aren’t important but she can’t look that different. Her skin is probably lighter, some blemishes will be visible, lack of mascara or eyeliner will make the eyes appear smaller, maybe her eyebrows are more sparse. Her face however is the same.
Appreciate this! ^ this is the reality of your situation, so try to better understand it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (13)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (108)
54.82%
No (76)
38.58%

Watched Threads