SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is ring binder still the best way to go? For a History degree

What about just having a notepad and writing all my notes in the notepad?

What did you do?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Three threads? Really? Not super at all.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Three threads? Really? Not super at all.
I only posted 1 thread...

Where is your eye of the tiger?
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do History, but a somewhat comparable, essay-based course (Politics). I use OneNote on my laptop for lecture notes, and notes on readings for seminars/assessment. It means everything's searchable and in one place - I create a separate notebook for each year of the degree, then section groups for each module, and then sections for 'Lectures', 'Seminars', and 'Assessment' within that. Example: https://i.imgur.com/2OnsQ5s.png

If you want to use paper than maybe a folder or ring binder per module would work, but if you're considering using a computer, then OneNote is the best software I've encountered (I rely on Word for assignments though as OneNote just isn't designed for that).
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on your style of learning. During lectures, I will usually made notes in a notebook and then wrote them out neatly on paper and put them in a folder (one folder per module). Writing them out helps me to retain any info learnt and normally I don't learn well from reading from a screen.

A lot of people find making and keeping notes on a tablet or laptop easier and saves space.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I only posted 1 thread...

Where is your eye of the tiger?
Where are your reading glasses? Their name is tigger. Two Gs.
Kanae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did a History degree and had a seperate notepad for each module so i could find exactly what i wanted when it came to essays. I'm now doing a History PGCE and have adopted the same method.
Meowstic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by doctorwhofan98)
I don't do History, but a somewhat comparable, essay-based course (Politics). I use OneNote on my laptop for lecture notes, and notes on readings for seminars/assessment. It means everything's searchable and in one place - I create a separate notebook for each year of the degree, then section groups for each module, and then sections for 'Lectures', 'Seminars', and 'Assessment' within that. Example: https://i.imgur.com/2OnsQ5s.png

If you want to use paper than maybe a folder or ring binder per module would work, but if you're considering using a computer, then OneNote is the best software I've encountered (I rely on Word for assignments though as OneNote just isn't designed for that).
To add to this, the search function on onenote is insane. It recognises your handwriting and you can search for the stupidest stuff and it will find every single time you scribbled those words down.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just used notepads. Still do. Old fashioned.
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notoriety)
Where are your reading glasses? Their name is tigger. Two Gs.
Yeah I know, couldn’t think of a joke for the word tigger
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kanae)
I did a History degree and had a seperate notepad for each module so i could find exactly what i wanted when it came to essays. I'm now doing a History PGCE and have adopted the same method.
Thanks I think I’ll just do this. What did you do with printed out essays, sheets. Did you have a whole pinched notebook so you added treasury tags?

hope my question makes sense
Kanae
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Thanks I think I’ll just do this. What did you do with printed out essays, sheets. Did you have a whole pinched notebook so you added treasury tags?

hope my question makes sense
I put them in a labelled a4 ringbinder if they weren't going to be relevant in the near future or would staple them into the notebook if they were for essays
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads