The Student Room Group

I’m so upset with myself

I have just finished a foundation year and obtained a 67% instead of 70% to study pharmacy.

DMU won’t take me even after telling them my evidence of extenuating circumstances.

I wish there was a way to resit whilst studying pharmacy because l dont want to take a gap year.
Original post by the.chantele
I have just finished a foundation year and obtained a 67% instead of 70% to study pharmacy.

DMU won’t take me even after telling them my evidence of extenuating circumstances.

I wish there was a way to resit whilst studying pharmacy because l dont want to take a gap year.

Did you put an official extenuating circs claim in?
Have you tried other unis?
Have they given you any other suggestions?

Looks like as far as they are concerned a gap is going to be on offer. At least Durham is a decent uni and probably worth hanging onto. Maybe you have to take it on the chin and find a job or an alternative way to keep you ticking over. its only a year.

btw dont forget Pharmacy is a saturated profession, so look unto whether its really for you. the year off could be a blessing in disguise.
Original post by 999tigger
Did you put an official extenuating circs claim in?
Have you tried other unis?
Have they given you any other suggestions?

Looks like as far as they are concerned a gap is going to be on offer. At least Durham is a decent uni and probably worth hanging onto. Maybe you have to take it on the chin and find a job or an alternative way to keep you ticking over. its only a year.

btw dont forget Pharmacy is a saturated profession, so look unto whether its really for you. the year off could be a blessing in disguise.

I have and they say they would require 65% in chem when l got 60%. Is there a way to transfer to oharmacy from another course or transfer to 2nd year by doing another course somehow?
Original post by the.chantele
I have and they say they would require 65% in chem when l got 60%. Is there a way to transfer to oharmacy from another course or transfer to 2nd year by doing another course somehow?

Yes you just have to ring up and ask if they accept transfers then tell them your scores.
If they are interested you make a full application through UCAS.
They may offer you first or second year entry..

Must have been sleepy I would be crying a lot less over DMU I thought it was Durham.

There are still places in clearing. you need to get moving though.
Get on the phone and ring round.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=pharmacy&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=&SearchType=searchbarbutton
Original post by 999tigger
Yes you just have to ring up and ask if they accept transfers then tell them your scores.
If they are interested you make a full application through UCAS.
They may offer you first or second year entry..

Must have been sleepy I would be crying a lot less over DMU I thought it was Durham.

There are still places in clearing. you need to get moving though.
Get on the phone and ring round.

https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=pharmacy&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&AutoSuggestType=&SearchType=searchbarbutton

Yeah l tried Keele their places are full. Will keep trying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending