The Student Room Group

Genius or Not? Hear me out...

I took two A-Levels and a Pre-U last year. I came out with a B in History, an E in Biology and an M1 in Philosophy and Theology.

Rather than Resitting Biology, I was considering taking a new A Level in A Level Philosophy. The course content is basically the same as my Pre U but it is technically a different qualification.

Would unis accept this?

Cheers folks
Reply 1
When they come to review your application they’ll obviously see… it certianly wouldn’t put you at an advantage
Reply 2
Yes you're a genius
Original post by 3121
When they come to review your application they’ll obviously see… it certianly wouldn’t put you at an advantage

I'm not looking for an advantage, I've done the uni application already so I know how it all works... I just meant that since they're still technically two different qualifications, would it still be accepted as an eligible application?
Maybe just email the unis you're considering
Original post by afutureteacher_
Maybe just email the unis you're considering

I'm going to yeah, just curious to see what others thought
Reply 6
Original post by Zach Beresford
I'm not looking for an advantage, I've done the uni application already so I know how it all works... I just meant that since they're still technically two different qualifications, would it still be accepted as an eligible application?

Technically but they’re not stupid. I guess it depends where you apply and what for. If universities don’t like combinations of similar subjects like Business and economics or ICT and Computer science you can bet they won’t like the same subject as different qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest