The Student Room Group

Stuck with my choices

Recently, I’ve passed my A Levels with an AAB in Fine Art, Art and Design and Media Studies respectively.

I was going to be studying Fine Art at Newcastle Uni this September but at the last moment, decided that it wasn’t for me and that doing art at uni (especially fine art) was completely a rubbish choice. Now I’m doing an Art Foundation at Loughborough (which was my back up) and trying to figure out what I want to do with my choices, of which I don’t have many.

My A Levels are a bit restricting and don’t give me much freedom of choice (looking back, I’d definitely change media to a science or maths) but it is what it is. Any advice on where to go from here, in terms of choosing a uni course in 2019?
Original post by uxutwist
Recently, I’ve passed my A Levels with an AAB in Fine Art, Art and Design and Media Studies respectively.

I was going to be studying Fine Art at Newcastle Uni this September but at the last moment, decided that it wasn’t for me and that doing art at uni (especially fine art) was completely a rubbish choice. Now I’m doing an Art Foundation at Loughborough (which was my back up) and trying to figure out what I want to do with my choices, of which I don’t have many.

My A Levels are a bit restricting and don’t give me much freedom of choice (looking back, I’d definitely change media to a science or maths) but it is what it is. Any advice on where to go from here, in terms of choosing a uni course in 2019?

If its isnt art you are interested in then I cant see the point of what you are doing?

I would look round at courses with a foundation year as they often cater for people who dont have the right subjects.

The other way to change it is a 1 year access course or just to do a couple of self taught science A levels.

Find the course thats for you first and then work backwards as the easiest way to gain entrance.

You may still be able to leave your current course if you act quickly depending on the refund fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending