Would you be angry if other girls was wishing your boyfriend a happy birthday ??

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m a very very jealous person. My boyfriends birthday is coming up and I know a lot of girls and certain EX’s will wish him a happy birthday via Facebook etc...
I don’t wanna spoil his birthday by being moody about it but i know it will annoy me.
Would you be annoyed if other girls and EX’s was wishing your boyfriend happy birthday ??
axc5
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
No.

Maybe I'd question it if said girls were sending him personal cards and nice gifts, but I don't see any harm in just wishing someone happy birthday in a simple message.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Absolutely not. My partner has a lot of female friends. You need to either get over your jealously or leave your relationship because it's not fair on your boyfriend to have a jealous girlfriend who will spoil his birthday by being a moody, petty kid.
Bio 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Airmed)
Absolutely not. My partner has a lot of female friends. You need to either get over your jealously or leave your relationship because it's not fair on your boyfriend to have a jealous girlfriend who will spoil his birthday by being a moody, petty kid.
Agreed, this level of insecurity sounds like any relationship will be a lost cause for you.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Depends what girls ex he should really have on Facebook Instagram etc .... so I would question that they are a ex for a reason not to see post and pic of them !!! But friend girls just harmful
Airmed
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Agreed, this level of insecurity sounds like any relationship will be a lost cause for you.
Good of OP to acknowledge she is jealous by nature. Bad of OP to jump onto the internet and ask strangers to justify her behaviour.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
Jealousy is toxic - for you and your boyfriend. Ask yourself why you're jealous. Is it because of past experience? Is it insecurity? Is it because your boyfriend is shady?

Maybe tell your boyfriend how you feel (but do not expect him to block every female in his life- it isn't fair to do that).

Even if other girls want to be with your boyfriend - they aren't with him and you are. Who cares about other girls when your boyfriend picked you?
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No, of course not. Even acquaintances will wish people a happy birthday. It's really just a pleasantry over being meaningful - especially in a time where we all get notifications on social media of so-and-so's second cousin's dog's birthday on Facebook.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No. It's a rather petty thing to be annoyed over tbh.
UWS
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It is literally just a birthday wish. You're acting like they've sent him a nude or a sex video of the them. Jeez.

Of all the things in the entire world to get annoyed over, you choose this. You sound like a crazy girlfriend tbh, change your ways now or your boyfriend will leave you.
Anonymous #1
Pretty sure I said i didn’t want to spoil his birthday by being moody. Learn how to read, petty kid
Anonymous #1
Good of OP to acknowledge she is jealous by nature. Bad of OP to jump onto the internet and ask strangers to justify her behaviour.
Never asked for justification, not In the slightest
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No... It's really not an issue, if you make it one on his birthday that's really mean.
Heroic_
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m a very very jealous person. My boyfriends birthday is coming up and I know a lot of girls and certain EX’s will wish him a happy birthday via Facebook etc...
I don’t wanna spoil his birthday by being moody about it but i know it will annoy me.
Would you be annoyed if other girls and EX’s was wishing your boyfriend happy birthday ??
Speaking from experience, you need help.

With the symptoms your showing, your jealousy could very well impact your relationship. Let me put an example towards you and i want you to react to it;

Your boyfriend wants to go out with his friends, you can't make the event, but you know his ex girlfriends as well as a lot of other girls (lets say its his Ex-girlfriends party). Do you try to prevent him going? (in anyway - faking an illness, trying to stop him, emotional blackmail, gifts or diversions)
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
Why make it about you? Sort out your jealousy issues. He's allowed to have others wish him a happy birthday. Stop being jealous and moody or you'll lose him.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Heroic_)
Speaking from experience, you need help.

With the symptoms your showing, your jealousy could very well impact your relationship. Let me put an example towards you and i want you to react to it;

Your boyfriend wants to go out with his friends, you can't make the event, but you know his ex girlfriends as well as a lot of other girls (lets say its his Ex-girlfriends party). Do you try to prevent him going? (in anyway - faking an illness, trying to stop him, emotional blackmail, gifts or diversions)
If he wanted to go to a party that would be fine! 1000% he goes to many party’s! However, if it was his ex girlfriend’s party or his EX’s would be there then not a chance would he be going I’d leave him first, I once got invited to a party and my EX boyfriend was going and he stopped me from going so it’s not just that I’m a crazy jealous girlfriend. It’s double sided
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If it's something you know is going to happen because it's regarded as standard, harmless behaviour by everyone else then it's not something to be upset over.
Amy06
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't personally no
unholysaint2022
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No real issue unless the messages are of sexual natures or implying such. If it's a genuine happy birthday, have a good day! message then you should not worry and it's unhealthy
Heroic_
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If he wanted to go to a party that would be fine! 1000% he goes to many party’s! However, if it was his ex girlfriend’s party or his EX’s would be there then not a chance would he be going I’d leave him first, I once got invited to a party and my EX boyfriend was going and he stopped me from going so it’s not just that I’m a crazy jealous girlfriend. It’s double sided
Does that not scare you? Your going to limit your life because someone else says so, and the same for him if he stays with you.

My daughter is 2 at the moment, if i knew someone in the future was going to stop her doing anything she wanted... They would need to leave the country to escape me. Trust is a key point of a relationship, if you can't trust them then why are you with them???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads