The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Corr, you're motivated enough.
Reply 2
you think? That seems like hardly any work to do a day
Reply 3
I've done 9-7 minus an hour for lunch and two 20 minute breaks every day this week. But then I have The Fear (note capitals)
you know I am in the same position as you its madness really ! Upsets me a little too when theres stooopid exams round the corner :angry: eek!
Well I had a major problem before I gave up on studying then it haunted me I am paying £3070 for uni fees every year and what a waste would it be if I didnt try.
I was having negative uni experiences as well therefore I pushed the negativity asside and after so many emotional break downs I managed to find a solution, I couldnt study at home due to the atmosphere and distraction, I couldnt study at uni because of bitchy girls, I couldnt study at the uni library again major distraction then I went to a local library very safe and now wake up early to go and study and have been doing so since tuesday *fingers crossed I can keep this up*
So I basically dont look at people anymore in the library as I lose interest and start comparing myself and all that negative gook so I just stare at my books and tell myself if I dont revise I will fail and it helps me in a away.

I have been taking regular breaks at the library such as walking around and reading magazines and going to the shops and just taking fresh air and then come back for a bit of hardcore studying.
It helps knowing I am learning but still I just cant wait till its all over arg.
Reply 5
Bekaboo
I've done 9-7 minus an hour for lunch and two 20 minute breaks every day this week. But then I have The Fear (note capitals)

I have The Fear too.

I don't even know you but I hate you:biggrin: (kidding). How can someone be human and still do those hours? But then I guess your at oxford from what it says in your location thing?
Reply 6
Oh...I know how you feel...i am finding it so hard to revise because there is just too much to revise seriously....i feel like its gonna break me in half the amount of stress around all of the revision:biggrin:
Reply 7
Anonymous.
you know I am in the same position as you its madness really ! Upsets me a little too when theres stooopid exams round the corner :angry: eek!
Well I had a major problem before I gave up on studying then it haunted me I am paying £3070 for uni fees every year and what a waste would it be if I didnt try.
I was having negative uni experiences as well therefore I pushed the negativity asside and after so many emotional break downs I managed to find a solution, I couldnt study at home due to the atmosphere and distraction, I couldnt study at uni because of bitchy girls, I couldnt study at the uni library again major distraction then I went to a local library very safe and now wake up early to go and study and have been doing so since tuesday *fingers crossed I can keep this up*
So I basically dont look at people anymore in the library as I lose interest and start comparing myself and all that negative gook so I just stare at my books and tell myself if I dont revise I will fail and it helps me in a away.

I have been taking regular breaks at the library such as walking around and reading magazines and going to the shops and just taking fresh air and then come back for a bit of hardcore studying.
It helps knowing I am learning but still I just cant wait till its all over arg.

I keep wanting to study at my uni library but it's an hour one way to my uni. Which is a bit of a drag. But I guess you're right, I should make more sacrifices for that £3070... Only I just have this horrible feeling of studying like mad and then failing anyway.
Reply 8
Yup I am. And I have a viva exam (basically have to give a lecture) which is in 2 weeks, so I start earlier than most. And also I had hell trying to get my extended essay written (rubbish superviser leaving country etc) so I was pretty much already working those hours. A few of my friends work in the same library so we take breaks together which helps me to force myself to keep going.
Reply 9
malsi101
Oh...I know how you feel...i am finding it so hard to revise because there is just too much to revise seriously....i feel like its gonna break me in half the amount of stress around all of the revision:biggrin:

I used to always just revise for a few questions which made revision so much easier, but this year a lot of my modules have new convenors and a new set up so the past exam papers are useless :p:
Reply 10
It's the fear which really gets to me. That coupled with the fact that I did relatively well in my first semester exams, so I have a reputation to keep up.

I find working at home way too distracting....There's always someone wanting something from me! So I find that my uni library's the best. It's good because you have silent areas as well as group work areas.

The people who like to think they're working but really aren't go to the group work areas, so going to the silent one gives me the motivation to work even harder.

Strange, but that's the way it works I guess!
Reply 11
she
I used to always just revise for a few questions which made revision so much easier, but this year a lot of my modules have new convenors and a new set up so the past exam papers are useless :p:

yeah....oh i know how that feels too. i seriously feel like im going to cry at some point ...its like I want to do my best in ALL areas however its not possible because I can't revise for them ALL :frown:
she
I keep wanting to study at my uni library but it's an hour one way to my uni. Which is a bit of a drag. But I guess you're right, I should make more sacrifices for that £3070... Only I just have this horrible feeling of studying like mad and then failing anyway.

do you not have a local library to go to ?
My uni is around 1.45-2hrs away from where I live another reason why I cant be asked to go so far. My local library is full of old people, ever so polite and offer me chairs to sit on to study :biggrin: makes me happier :biggrin: lol
My library is only like 15mins away from where I live so thats uber cool :cool:
I have those feelings often like I am trying but I just want to pass my first year, to help me I just think getting a 40% on exams would be easy and thats all I need to pass but thats only for the first year, I just want to pass it because of a lot of headaches on my first year I want to put my 100% commitment on my second year, I am not enjoying my course sadly but I cant even change it its too late :mad: but I want to get a 1st/2.1 so that pushes me harder also what pushes me harder is doing well and getting a well paid job as well so although I can understand how hard it is but you have to try and forget that stoopid voice in your head it happens to me often I push it asside and start reading my books to push me up or I would chat to me e-friends to take my stress or even :tsr2: it helps hey why dont we set up a revision anti stress society on here lol :biggrin: so everyone can vent out how they hate revising and just moan lol
Reply 13
Anonymous.
hey why dont we set up a revision anti stress society
on here lol :biggrin: so everyone can vent out how they hate revising and just moan lol

Sounds good to me :biggrin:
Reply 14
Anonymous.
do you not have a local library to go to ?
My uni is around 1.45-2hrs away from where I live another reason why I cant be asked to go so far. My local library is full of old people, ever so polite and offer me chairs to sit on to study :biggrin: makes me happier :biggrin: lol
My library is only like 15mins away from where I live so thats uber cool :cool:
I have those feelings often like I am trying but I just want to pass my first year, to help me I just think getting a 40% on exams would be easy and thats all I need to pass but thats only for the first year, I just want to pass it because of a lot of headaches on my first year I want to put my 100% commitment on my second year, I am not enjoying my course sadly but I cant even change it its too late :mad: but I want to get a 1st/2.1 so that pushes me harder also what pushes me harder is doing well and getting a well paid job as well so although I can understand how hard it is but you have to try and forget that stoopid voice in your head it happens to me often I push it asside and start reading my books to push me up or I would chat to me e-friends to take my stress or even :tsr2: it helps hey why dont we set up a revision anti stress society on here lol :biggrin: so everyone can vent out how they hate revising and just moan lol

Oh my local library is 40 minutes away and doesn't have tables or anything. The annoying this is my uni is only four miles away from my house but because of the shoddy public transport here it takes an hour to get to my uni!

And in the evenings there isn't a bus to take me back home so I'd have to take a taxi, the last part of my journey is only about two miles but after a day in the library I just can't be asked to walk that :/

Next week I'll work harder :p: This was the first week off of term I'll pretend in was a holiday...
she
Oh my local library is 40 minutes away and doesn't have tables or anything. The annoying this is my uni is only four miles away from my house but because of the shoddy public transport here it takes an hour to get to my uni!

And in the evenings there isn't a bus to take me back home so I'd have to take a taxi, the last part of my journey is only about two miles but after a day in the library I just can't be asked to walk that :/

Next week I'll work harder :p: This was the first week off of term I'll pretend in was a holiday...

oh my god :eek:
thats like so terrible! I can imagine how bugging it can be!
Why didnt you move out then?

stop making excuses! get your ass to work!:p:
:biggrin:

maybe I can be your personal motivation helper!

work or no tv for a week! :cool:
Reply 17
Anonymous.
oh my god :eek:
thats like so terrible! I can imagine how bugging it can be!
Why didnt you move out then?

stop making excuses! get your ass to work!:p:
:biggrin:

maybe I can be your personal motivation helper!

work or no tv for a week! :cool:

I did move out but my housemates turned out to be evil. Actually evil (racist, sexist, stereotypical tories in the bad way, and discustingly dirty etc.) so I moved back home.

That's the thing I don't know what I do with my time. When I procrastinate I feel to guilty to actually do anything to I aimlessly wander around my house :p:
Reply 18
Bekaboo

I wish I had the fear, maybe it would make me write my dissertation?

Latest

Trending

Trending