Exams in a month, no lab experience!!!!

Watch
Savvannahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm freaking out. AS bio and chem are in a month and none of the teachers has prepared any practical skills at all. I've tried to find practical skills on youtube, but I can only find people talking and showing drawings and pictures. I don't know how to use most of the equipment and I'm just going to look like a complete ****ing idiot during the exams. My anxiety is getting worse every day and I feel sick every time I think about it, none of my teachers gives a flying **** and I honestly don't know what else I can do. Does anyone know a website or SOMETHING that can teach me about lab stuff and practical skills?????????
Clarinet_478
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello, I did A level chemistry and physics (AQA) and you should be given a method sheet for any compulsory experiments by your teacher (if not use this website https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...guide-aqa1.pdf ). I can’t find the website that I used but you can always look in the revision guide (the back of the cgp revision guide has tips on safety on the practicals). So long as you aren’t being careless and follow simple rules like wear goggles, lab coat, keep work area tidy, stand up during experiment e.t.c you will be fine. It really isn’t anything to worry about!
Savvannahh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
[QUOTE=Clarinet_478;79778762]Hello, I did A level chemistry and physics (AQA) and you should be given a method sheet for any compulsory experiments by your teacher (if not use this website https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...guide-aqa1.pdf ). I can’t find the website that I used but you can always look in the revision guide (the back of the cgp revision guide has tips on safety on the practicals). So long as you aren’t being careless and follow simple rules like wear goggles, lab coat, keep work area tidy, stand up during experiment e.t.c you will be fine. It really isn’t anything to worry about![/QUOTE

omg thank you so much!!!!!!!]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.03%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.04%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
23.94%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.68%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.51%

Watched Threads