robsr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, my name's Roberta, I'm italian but I've been living in London for one year. My application for tuition fee was accepted but I was wondering if I can get a maintenance loan as a child of a migrant worker. My mum has been living with me and she has been working here, in the UK. Can I apply? If yes, which part of the PN1 form should I fill? How much will I get? Thanks in advance for the responses. Regards, Rob.
Gerard SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Roberta,

If you have applied as EU applicant and wish to change to MW status, you should complete a PN1 form in full and send this to us with relevant evidence. You must send your original ID again even if this was sent for the EU applications.

The EEA MW team assess students who do not meet the required standard core eligibility requirements but the student or their EU/EEA family member are working in the UK.
  • EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
  • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
  • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
  • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
  • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
  • This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

To be eligible to apply as the child of a migrant worker, the following evidence is required:

Employed
  • The students original Passport or National ID Card
  • The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card
  • A photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent
  • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
  • If the student is not an EU/EEA National we will need to see Home Office Visas to cover the entire UK residency period
  • A copy of the parent/step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. If the contract does not confirm their hours and pay or they are on a zero hour contract we will need a letter from their employer confirming this information. This letter must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer).
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
  • The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
  • Parent or step parent who own their own company and are director but are getting paid wages need to send in the employment evidence listed above along with confirmation of self employment or a letter from HMRC confirming the company is registered in their own name
  • Termly evidence

Self Employed
  • If the family member is a step parent, we will need to see the original marriage certificate and the biological parents original Passport or National ID Card
  • If the student is not an EU/EEA National we will need to see Home Office Visas to cover the entire UK residency period
  • Evidence that the parent or step parent is registered self employed with HMRC (can accept UTR letter)
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months invoices and corresponding bank statements (if available)
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months business expenditure (if available)
  • The parent or step parents most recent tax return (if available)
  • Termly evidence

If the students parent or step parent is an EU/EEA National who is living and working in the UK and the student is aged over 21 and is physically or financially dependent on them and has satisfied the MW standard eligibility we will request the following evidence along with the relevant evidence above:

• If the student is physically dependent we will require medical evidence to support this
  • If the student is financially dependent we will require evidence of the students incomings/outgoings to show they aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by the parent or step parents i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers
  • Parent or step parent who own their own company and are director but are getting paid wages need to send in the employment evidence listed above along with confirmation of self employment or a letter from HMRC confirming the company is registered in their own name

Thanks
Gerard
robsr
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Gerard SFE)
Hi Roberta,

If you have applied as EU applicant and wish to change to MW status, you should complete a PN1 form in full and send this to us with relevant evidence. You must send your original ID again even if this was sent for the EU applications.

The EEA MW team assess students who do not meet the required standard core eligibility requirements but the student or their EU/EEA family member are working in the UK.
  • EU/EEA or Swiss National (or family member of)
  • Lawfully resident in the EU/EEA for at least 3 years prior to the start of their course
  • Ordinary resident in England or Wales on the first day of the first academic year of their course
  • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/Child or grandchild must be working throughout the students studies
  • They/their spouse/civil partner/their parent/step parent/grandparent/grandchild must receive wages for this work but can also have ‘pocket money’ for voluntary work i.e. Au Pair
  • This work must be effective, genuine and not of a scale which would be considered marginal or ancillary

To be eligible to apply as the child of a migrant worker, the following evidence is required:

Employed
  • A copy of the parent/step parents contract of employment that accurately represents their contracted hours and pay. If the contract does not confirm their hours and pay or they are on a zero hour contract we will need a letter from their employer confirming this information. This letter must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer).
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
  • The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)
  • Termly evidence

Self Employed
  • Evidence that the parent or step parent is registered self employed with HMRC (can accept UTR letter)
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months invoices and corresponding bank statements (if available)
  • The parent or step parents last 3 months business expenditure (if available)
  • The parent or step parents most recent tax return (if available)
  • Termly evidence

If the students parent or step parent is an EU/EEA National who is living and working in the UK and the student is aged over 21 and is physically or financially dependent on them and has satisfied the MW standard eligibility we will request the following evidence along with the relevant evidence above:

• If the student is physically dependent we will require medical evidence to support this
  • If the student is financially dependent we will require evidence of the students incomings/outgoings to show they aren't earning enough to live independently. We can also accept evidence of any support provided by the parent or step parents i.e. utility bills, tenancy agreement, bank statements showing transfers

Thanks
Gerard
Thank you, Gerard. I have already sent an application in order to change the name of the University and the course on the original Tuition Fee Application. Will it be cancelled? And, can I still be eligible for a Tuition Fee? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (665)
33.57%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (843)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (384)
19.38%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed