The Student Room Group

Higher History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

How are you all getting on with history?
Original post by Labrador99
How are you all getting on with history?

Could be better. I’m getting really worried about history bc I’m either really good or god awful. All I need in the final exam is appeasement issue 3 to come up and I’ll be golden
Reply 22
I have my history prelim tomorrow, arghhhh
My prelim isn’t until after the Christmas holidays :biggrin:
Original post by keitlenchips
Could be better. I’m getting really worried about history bc I’m either really good or god awful. All I need in the final exam is appeasement issue 3 to come up and I’ll be golden

Keep practising with it- you'll get there! :smile:

Original post by Lucyy26
I have my history prelim tomorrow, arghhhh

Hope it goes well! :smile:
Britain - democracy Scottish - the great war Europe - cuban missile crisis/cold war
Sat my history prelim 2 weeks ago and got a pretty good score! However, I’m trying to plan out an issue 6 appeasement essay and I have absolutely no clue how the nazi-soviet pact caused the outbreak of war. Any help?
Original post by keitlenchips
Sat my history prelim 2 weeks ago and got a pretty good score! However, I’m trying to plan out an issue 6 appeasement essay and I have absolutely no clue how the nazi-soviet pact caused the outbreak of war. Any help?

Can't help with your question but just wanted to say glad your prelim went well! :smile:
Reply 28
How many words can the assignment resource sheet be?
250 including references
Reply 30
Original post by gemmab2002
250 including references

Perfect thank you!
So in the 2018 paper women’s suffrage and why the liberals introduced their reforms came up. What’s the chance those topics will come up this year ?
Quite slim, I'd guess. Chances are one of them will likely come up, I'd personally be more inclined to guess reasons for the introduction of reforms as womens suffrage was up last year and in the specimen, but who knows. As a slight side note, our teacher suggested that we focus more on the fifth and sixth topics this year, so the effectiveness of Liberal and then Labour reforms, as either of those haven't been up in a while. The first and second seem fairly likely too. Good luck!
Great help! Ye was thinking that women’s suffrage might not appear as it was in the 2016 one and not 2017 then it was in 2018 so maybe not 2019? The three I’m mainly focusing on are liberals why, liberals effectiveness and women.
So far how many of the higher history essays do you know off by heart?

Also do any of you or your teachers have predictions for what essays will come up?
Original post by aphamanda

Also do any of you or your teachers have predictions for what essays will come up?

:wavey: I've moved this into the main thread for Higher History this year for you :smile:
Hi, for the Scottish topic I’m doing wars of independence jus wondering do we need to know about the significance of the wars on Scottish identity? Thanks
As there are 6 essays in each topic and the SQA provide you with 3 options per exam, you must know at least 4 essays from each topic to be ensured at least one essay you can answer. Don't try and predict the SQA. You're more likely to successfully predict next year's weather. Just learn up your 8 essays and you'll be good to go.

Original post by aphamanda

Original post by FlightVelocity
As there are 6 essays in each topic and the SQA provide you with 3 options per exam, you must know at least 4 essays from each topic to be ensured at least one essay you can answer. Don't try and predict the SQA. You're more likely to successfully predict next year's weather. Just learn up your 8 essays and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the reply! I was learning them all 8 anyway so it wouldn’t have been a problem. I was just curious if that were ones that are more likely to come up than others.
Reply 39
Those of you doing Britian as your first essay topic, I noticed this pattern within the last few years. (In the attached image) So by this it looks like they will put Liberal Evaluation and/or Labour within the exam this year. Of course they could mix it up but it’s worth maybe focusing on these.

Quick Reply

Latest