The Student Room Group

Higher History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Capture.PNG
For those doing Britain for Section 1 and USA for section 2 I have made a table showing what has come up in the past years and following the pattern you may be able to tell what's coming but you never know, they may surprise us. The table does show that some q's have come up 2 years in a year so just cos it came up last year doesn't mean it won't come up this year.
(edited 4 years ago)
My teachers confused me a bit so I just wanted to check.
I’m doing the British essays and the German essays.
Is it ok if say I write B2 and G2 in the exam or can I not write two of the same type?
As long as you answer one question from the British section and one question from the Germany section, there are no limitations in what ones you can choose.
Original post by aphamanda
My teachers confused me a bit so I just wanted to check.
I’m doing the British essays and the German essays.
Is it ok if say I write B2 and G2 in the exam or can I not write two of the same type?
Original post by FlightVelocity
As long as you answer one question from the British section and one question from the Germany section, there are no limitations in what ones you can choose.

Thank you so much! I was becoming worried that I’d have to learn more than 4 essays for each topic😂
Hi is anyone doing Russia for the European section?
If anyone is doing crusades I could use some help with my notes! My teacher is useless and there's very little resources online for higher students, none on BBC Bitesize or my textbook I spent so much money on smh
Reply 46
Anyone else doing Britain and USA for essays and Scotland in the empire for sources?
Reply 47
Original post by Cg0762
Anyone else doing Britain and USA for essays and Scotland in the empire for sources?

Me!!
Reply 48
What essays are you doing? We’re doing women, liberal reasons, liberal evaluation and labour for Britain, and for USA we’re doing hostility, obstacles, CR reasons and CR evaluation.
Original post by Lucyy26
Me!!
What issues are predicted to come up for the essays?
Reply 50
Original post by Cg0762
What essays are you doing? We’re doing women, liberal reasons, liberal evaluation and labour for Britain, and for USA we’re doing hostility, obstacles, CR reasons and CR evaluation.

Yep, we’re doing the same ones! Really hope that liberal evaluation and CR obstacles come up!! What about you?
Reply 51
Ye, I’m hoping Liberal evaluation, Labour come up as well as CR evaluation and reasons. Obstacles came up last year so it probs won’t come up this year.
Is anyone doing Britain and Germany for essays and Socttish empire for other questions?
also, does anyone know what the best way to revise for essays is? Do you memorize 4 essays from each topic then try to twist them to the question or is that too extreme and you just memorise the K and A
Reply 54
Original post by estellar2002
also, does anyone know what the best way to revise for essays is? Do you memorize 4 essays from each topic then try to twist them to the question or is that too extreme and you just memorise the K and A

I memorise the whole essay and then change it slightly to match the question
Reply 55
Does any know have any examples of evaluation for the Britain or the USA essays? I have only ever got a mark for evaluation twice, I just can’t seem to do it!
I have some evaluation points for the British topics but the problem is you just can't memorize evaluation points because they are the one thing that completely change depending on the question.
Original post by Lucyy26
Does any know have any examples of evaluation for the Britain or the USA essays? I have only ever got a mark for evaluation twice, I just can’t seem to do it!
can someone help for the layout of the exam I'm so confused. Do we get 45 mins per essay? what about the time for the questions
Reply 58
Ye 1 hour 30 to write 2 essays. Then 1 hour 30 to do the 4 source questions.
Original post by estellar2002
can someone help for the layout of the exam I'm so confused. Do we get 45 mins per essay? what about the time for the questions
Paper 1 (1h 30m)
1 essay on Britain (22 marks) (45 min)
1 essay on USA (22 marks) (45 min)

Paper 2 (1h 30m)
4 questions on Scottish topic:
How much question (10 marks) (25 min)
How fully question (10 marks) (25 min)
Explain question (8 marks) (20 min)
Evaluate the usefulness question (8 marks) (20 min)

Good luck to all!

Quick Reply

Latest