The Student Room Group

Higher History 2018-19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mark998908
Teacher has said it's not necessary and you shouldn't lose marks but some markers may not like it.

that’s odd, why do some markers not like it? can’t see how it hurts it thought it would be better
Original post by Sqapupil2002
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had a good way of getting evaluation marks? Thanks

basically answer the question. show how ur factor was important or was not important/effective in relation to the question and weigh it up with ur other factors, build ur argument
Original post by charlie0912
that’s odd, why do some markers not like it? can’t see how it hurts it thought it would be better

No clue, the reason I am not learning every date is because for the independence topic the amount of dates needed to be learnt is very large. I know a few of the major events dates though.
If you talk about a factor that is no longer in the course specification such as concerns over national efficiency will you get any marks for it?
Hiya was just wondering if anyone was studying Britain for higher history and was doing the essay about why the liberals introduced social welfare reforms 1906-14. I dont have negative analysis (A+) for Concerns over National Security and was wondering if anyone could help me please ?
Predictions for Britain and Crusades?
Original post by BethanMac
Predictions for Britain and Crusades?

Britain; democracy evaluation, liberal effectiveness, labour welfare reforms or women’s suffrage
Britain; democracy evaluation, liberal effectiveness, labour welfare reforms or women’s suffrage

All the essays I’ve learned so I really hope your right😂
Original post by aphamanda
All the essays I’ve learned so I really hope your right😂

me too 😂 my prediction for liberal effectiveness comes from germany. i really strongly believe a nazi rise to power essay is going to come up and if it does that means liberal effectiveness will because it’s the corresponding essay
Do you really think they would have essays 2 5 and 6? They’re all effectiveness or how much did it grow essays and no factor based ones
me too 😂 my prediction for liberal effectiveness comes from germany. i really strongly believe a nazi rise to power essay is going to come up and if it does that means liberal effectiveness will because it’s the corresponding essay

Same with me😂 hopefully they do come up as they’ve not been the last 2 years
Original post by aphamanda
Same with me😂 hopefully they do come up as they’ve not been the last 2 years

yeah that’s my thoughts exactly

Okay thanks so much xx
Original post by Sqapupil2002
Do you really think they would have essays 2 5 and 6? They’re all effectiveness or how much did it grow essays and no factor based ones

i did consider that actually but honestly i do because the sqa seem to really be switching up a lot of past papers this year but that’s also why i think women could come up
I don’t mind which essays come up too much, but basically would want issue 1 and if that doesn’t come up then that’s fine but can hope
Original post by ellienclarke
Hiya was just wondering if anyone was studying Britain for higher history and was doing the essay about why the liberals introduced social welfare reforms 1906-14. I dont have negative analysis (A+) for Concerns over National Security and was wondering if anyone could help me please ?

I talked about how free school meals were given. Then for any kids put that it helped kids from getting malnourished and could pay attention in class more. Then for A+ I said that in the holidays their weight dropped again since they weren’t given the free meals.
Reply 136
Original post by Scallywag202
Capture.PNG
For those doing Britain for Section 1 and USA for section 2 I have made a table showing what has come up in the past years and following the pattern you may be able to tell what's coming but you never know, they may surprise us. The table does show that some q's have come up 2 years in a year so just cos it came up last year doesn't mean it won't come up this year.

Thank you Scallywag202, very cool!
In the cold war issue 5, what background are you giving in the introduction?
what essay issues do you think will come up this year????????? plz help.
i don't like trying to predict what will come up but, I strongly think think a Germany Nazi question will come up as it did not come up last year and many schools were unhappy as students didn't get the best results. I think for Britain it will be reasons for democracy and the liberal reforms as they haven't been in the exam for a while, but SQA like to mess up everyone so it could all be different, this is just what I would like to happen
Original post by emma1312
what essay issues do you think will come up this year????????? plz help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending