The Student Room Group

Why my boyfriend rather pick his female friend over me

I need help in what to do , I’ve dated this guy for about a year , and lately his been acting weird , like his hiding something from me , and I kinda know what it is their is this girl he works with at his work , and I don’t really like her , but I found out that they txt all the time .. and he lies about it as well as I found out she lives in the same complex As me just a different building , my boyfriend has msg me out of the blue at times saying his not coming home for no reason . What so ever and later I found his car hiding in another parking lot , so I guessed that he was over at the other girls house , .... his been going behide my back sleeping their , brought her over to our house when I was away they been to parties without me knowing together , the thing that makes me mad is why he would do this to me and lie to me , and what I don’t get is she’s 36, has 3 kids and his only 21 , he tells me he loves me and would never cheat but I really feel in my heart he did , I confronted him about it And he said he never sleept with her , but how can I believe him if his already been lieing to me .... I love him a lot and I ended up moving out to get away because I couldn’t handle it .. he still says to this day that he didn’t cheat on me , but yet won’t tell me the truth and he says that he won’t ever let her go as a friend .. so I feel like he doesn’t truly love me after what he did to me he still won’t let her out of his life rather his with me or not ? What do I do please help me
Original post by Kay,Kay19
I need help in what to do , I’ve dated this guy for about a year , and lately his been acting weird , like his hiding something from me , and I kinda know what it is their is this girl he works with at his work , and I don’t really like her , but I found out that they txt all the time .. and he lies about it as well as I found out she lives in the same complex As me just a different building , my boyfriend has msg me out of the blue at times saying his not coming home for no reason . What so ever and later I found his car hiding in another parking lot , so I guessed that he was over at the other girls house , .... his been going behide my back sleeping their , brought her over to our house when I was away they been to parties without me knowing together , the thing that makes me mad is why he would do this to me and lie to me , and what I don’t get is she’s 36, has 3 kids and his only 21 , he tells me he loves me and would never cheat but I really feel in my heart he did , I confronted him about it And he said he never sleept with her , but how can I believe him if his already been lieing to me .... I love him a lot and I ended up moving out to get away because I couldn’t handle it .. he still says to this day that he didn’t cheat on me , but yet won’t tell me the truth and he says that he won’t ever let her go as a friend .. so I feel like he doesn’t truly love me after what he did to me he still won’t let her out of his life rather his with me or not ? What do I do please help me

You cant ask him to give up this person. You can decide you no longer want him. relationships run their course and hes showing you arent compatible. It will be really draining and he doesnt sound like hes worth the effort.
It's not his behaviour specifically that's causing red flags but how he's intentionally hiding it from you. If everything was completely innocent he'd be open about where he was going, who he was with etc. The fact that's lied to you multiple times is enough to end it with him imo.
Original post by Kay,Kay19

I'd say leave. Something seems dodgy and it really does seem like he's been cheating. Especially since he's been hiding stuff and won't tell you the truth.

Respect yourself and leave. If he can't respect you enough to tell you the truth then don't bother wasting your time with him. Especially if he's messing about with another girl.
Reply 4
Please fix your spelling, grammar and look at using paragraphs. It is difficult to read when almost every word has something wrong going on around it.
Firstly, males are allowed to have female friends. Sometimes they can have very close female friends who they enjoy talking to and spending time with.

There are two possibilities - and neither we nor you know which is the case.

1) He is cheating on you with this girl.
2) He is just friends with her, but is hiding the fact that they speak because he knows you'll get the wrong idea (as has been proven here).

In my opinion, there's no excuse to just not come home, so that should ring alarm bells.

Have a chat to him about it, a proper chat. You need to work out his motives for hiding his behaviour.

Either his cheating will ruin your relationship (if he is cheating), or your paranoia/jealous will, if you don't address it soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending