rllyunorganised
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi so I really need this answer like right away!! so I'm doing an essay on the stanford prison experiment and we're doing ethical issues and methodological success and I'm doing the fact that not everything was disclosed. I need to know if the fact that the 'prisoners' were arrested would effect their behaviour toward the experiment. so basically if it would be how a real criminal would react kinda thing if that makes sense, i really just need someone to write this for me lol
sorry for the bad grammer and stuff but im rushing it lol xx
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rllyunorganised)
hi so I really need this answer like right away!! so I'm doing an essay on the stanford prison experiment and we're doing ethical issues and methodological success and I'm doing the fact that not everything was disclosed. I need to know if the fact that the 'prisoners' were arrested would effect their behaviour toward the experiment. so basically if it would be how a real criminal would react kinda thing if that makes sense, i really just need someone to write this for me lol
sorry for the bad grammer and stuff but im rushing it lol xx
Ethically it was bad in almost every sense. They signed consent forms to have some of their human rights suspended and they were debriefed at the end and came together as a group to reconcile their differences. Those are the only positives but you can put a negative spin on those.

For methodological issues think generalisability, reliability, validity, and the type of data and how it was collected.
rllyunorganised
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruthf)
Ethically it was bad in almost every sense. They signed consent forms to have some of their human rights suspended and they were debriefed at the end and came together as a group to reconcile their differences. Those are the only positives but you can put a negative spin on those.

For methodological issues think generalisability, reliability, validity, and the type of data and how it was collected.

okay thank you so much!! x
username3890778
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well obviously getting arrested does make you feel anxious. This experiment was highly unethical.
rllyunorganised
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
Well obviously getting arrested does make you feel anxious. This experiment was highly unethical.

thank you so much!! x
rllyunorganised
Rep:
?
also can someone just check that this makes sense:

The first major ethical issue is at the start of the experiment, when the subjects were arrested, charged with armed robbery and burglary, searched and handcuffed. This had not been fully disclosed to the participants or had been selected to be prisoners. Another ethical issue was when they were strip searched without full consent, this is a complete violation of rights. Another violation was when the prisoners were deloused as this was stated to purposefully humiliate them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (276)
15.5%
Uncertainty around my education (279)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (177)
9.94%
Isolating with family (126)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.44%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (149)
8.37%
Loneliness (176)
9.88%
Financial worries (72)
4.04%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (163)
9.15%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.07%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.87%

Watched Threads