People look at my lips when i talk Watch

kate426
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not that they feel awkward because my friend of two years does it as well. Also tis one girl told me that i have bigger lips
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Maybw dey ashy as
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Maybe you have nice lips or maybe they’re crusty?

Some ppl just don’t give eye contact. They look at other facial features. Some ppl even look at ur nose
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by kate426)
I don't have smelly breath i jusy want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.
A lot of people look at someone’s lips when they talk. Less awkward than staring into their eyes I suppose.
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
People often find extended eye contact difficult and look at the mouth instead so that they are still looking at the face. It's normal and not something you should feel insecure about.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
I thought this was going to be about men looking downwards.
kate426
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
Maybe you have nice lips or maybe they’re crusty?

Some ppl just don’t give eye contact. They look at other facial features. Some ppl even look at ur nose
😂Thx for your blunt honesty
Kath0601
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not awkward because um friend of two years does it as well
Do you talk quietly? If so, people may watch your lips so sort of lip read to make sure they're hearing you correctly.
kate426
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kath0601)
Do you talk quietly? If so, people may watch your lips so sort of lip read to make sure they're hearing you correctly.
Yeah i do thats usually do to the fact that people watch my lips and now im thinking there really ugly then some people stare with curiosity or wonder
kate426
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Maybw dey ashy as
I have dry skin so i always try to moisture them so they don't look ashy😂😂
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes they probably just have an eye contact issue. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your lips.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd think if someone had the nerve to comment on your lip size they wouldn't think negatively on them.

For example if someone has an undesirable feature i wouldnt comment on it but if its something that i thought wasnt bad at all and they weren't insecure about, I'd be more likely to comment on it
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
I don't have smelly breath i just want to know why people do it i know its because i have bigger lips not hugeee but bigger than average i also want them to stop it staring it makes me feel insecure when im saying something and all there staring at is my lips.l had someone tell me that i have bigger lips than average.And everyone i talk to does it at least twice or more. Im pretty sure its not that they feel awkward because my friend of two years does it as well. Also tis one girl told me that i have bigger lips
I sometimes start at people's lips if they're really thin and flat and feel sort of baffled and curious as to why they look like they have no lips.

I also do it to lip read if the person mumbles.
kate426
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Yes they probably just have an eye contact issue. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your lips.
🤔True i never thought of it as that way
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
I have dry skin so i always try to moisture them so they don't look ashy😂😂
Oh lol same I have dry skin so I have to layer the lip balm on. Haha people look at mine because they’re literally shining
madhumita khan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
it's a God gifted thing. the people who laugh ormake fun about it they r just silly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (116)
17.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.62%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (115)
17.45%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.72%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
30.05%

Watched Threads