Flow_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I went through clearing a couple of days after results, its now been 8 working days since i applied for my accommodation and i've heard nothing back.

Should i be worried, as for contacting them and asking them, they cant give information about it as its a different department as i spoke to them before, going to call up tomorrow again though.

Don't fancy applying for privately rented accommodation for first year, would probably take a gap year if so.
samcarti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flow_)
I went through clearing a couple of days after results, its now been 8 working days since i applied for my accommodation and i've heard nothing back.

Should i be worried, as for contacting them and asking them, they cant give information about it as its a different department as i spoke to them before, going to call up tomorrow again though.

Don't fancy applying for privately rented accommodation for first year, would probably take a gap year if so.
If you applied for accommodation before the 24th of August you are guaranteed it, so you dont need to worry. If you applied after the 24th there is a chance you may not get it, so it would be a good idea to look into other types of accommodation. I'm in the same situation as you, i went through clearing, applied for accommodation on the 23rd of August but i still haven't received it. I called a few days back and they said it should be coming soon and i should be regularly checking my emails.
Flow_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by samcarti)
If you applied for accommodation before the 24th of August you are guaranteed it, so you dont need to worry. If you applied after the 24th there is a chance you may not get it, so it would be a good idea to look into other types of accommodation. I'm in the same situation as you, i went through clearing, applied for accommodation on the 23rd of August but i still haven't received it. I called a few days back and they said it should be coming soon and i should be regularly checking my emails.
Applied for accommodation on the 30th
Michiyo
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Flow_)

I applied for accommodation on 7th September last year (I also came to Essex through Clearing) and got an accommodation offer on 27th September. I called them beforehand, only to be told that if I would not have where to live without getting an accommodation place, I should consider deferring since there was no guarantee that I would get accommodation.

There is a really small chance that you will get an accommodation offer, to be honest. I am not saying it is impossible, though I advise you to look for private accommodation if you want to start your degree at Essex this year. If you do not want to live in private accommodation, take that gap year, because the chances of you getting an accommodation place are really low.
Ash1236
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi guys i have a room availabe in essex south courts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
9%
Disagree (5)
5%
Neither agree or disagree (31)
31%
Agree (40)
40%
Strongly Agree (15)
15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise