Beating trichotillomania once and for all! Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Day #3 (yesterday)

i was so busy, honestly, i didn't have any time to do anything that wasn't scheduled :lol:

Hair Count:
III (3)
which i know is good, but it doesn't feel like it :confused: just because i was so rushed off my feet (and my sister's now in on this so she gives me a stern look (:hmmm:) whenever she sees me raise my hand to my head)

anyway, hope you had a great day, and keep smiling
Awww, even if you were rushed off your feet, it's good hun! :hugs:

Glad your sister is in on this so she can support you as needed
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You're doing awesome Laura! Love reading this
Lolalondom
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sam Fariers who was on TOWIE suffers from this disorder. I think it's great that you are talking about it as I can imagine most people suffer alone. I had never heard about it before Sam spoke about it.

You should try and use some eyelash serum to help the growth of your missing lashes.
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Lolalondom)
Sam Fariers who was on TOWIE suffers from this disorder. I think it's great that you are talking about it as I can imagine most people suffer alone. I had never heard about it before Sam spoke about it.

You should try and use some eyelash serum to help the growth of your missing lashes.
My parents don’t know, and are quite strict sbout what we buy, so I don’t think I could
Thank you for the suggestion though!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Day #4

Hair Count:
IIIII IIIII IIIII IIIII III (23)
Which is like meh and my eyes itch and arghh but :dontknow: it is what it is

I would say about 16/17 were eyelashes which is in a way worse than normal head hairs because they are a lot more visible soooo :cry:

on a side note, I know that dermatillomania is compulsive skin picking (which I also have :yy: :emo:) (obviously all of this is self diagnosed but it’s hard to diagnose something like this wrong ygm?) but I also get similar symptoms and it’s very much alike but having to get the sleep out of my eyes - as in constantly, about every 10 minutes, (more frequently when I am thinking about it) just lowering my bottom eyelid and running my finger along the inside of the eyelid to gather up any sleep that is forming etc. So I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is a ‘thing’ or is just something that I do - I’ve tried googling it, but nothing has come up:dontknow:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
[font=Courier New]t having to get the sleep out of my eyes - as in constantly, about every 10 minutes, (more frequently when I am thinking about it) just lowering my bottom eyelid and running my finger along the inside of the eyelid to gather up any sleep that is forming etc. So I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is a ‘thing’ or is just something that I do - I’ve tried googling it, but nothing has come up:dontknow:
:hugs: That could be part of a wider/more general OCD trait perhaps? Though I'm no dr and I don't know much about OCD
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Day #5
is it only day 5?! :lol:

Hair Count:
II (2)
one of these was unintentional, and one of these was subconsciously (i only realised what i had done after i had done it)

i'm super tired, so no comment from me tonight
hope you all have had a good day :hugs: and thanks for joining me on this extremely uninteresting journey
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Day #5
is it only day 5?! :lol:

Hair Count:
II (2)
one of these was unintentional, and one of these was subconsciously (i only realised what i had done after i had done it)

i'm super tired, so no comment from me tonight
hope you all have had a good day :hugs: and thanks for joining me on this extremely uninteresting journey
Not uninteresting at all, don't think that! :hugs: We care (or at the very least, I do!) and wanna support you
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Not uninteresting at all, don't think that! :hugs: We care (or at the very least, I do!) and wanna support you
Thank you TLG :jumphug:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Shall format these tomorrow

18/9/18 (yesterday)
Day #6
Hair count:
I (1)

19/9/18 (today)
Day #7
Hair count:
I lost count somewhere between 25-30
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Keep up the good work - some days will be hard but if you keep trying and working through the low points ( which are so much more than giving into a bad habit) hopefully it will become easier and better as you find other strategies to supplement your current actions.
Helianthuss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went through a phase of trich as part of my OCD: I would subconsciously pull hair out one at a time when I was watching tv to the point where there was a massive pile of hair on my carpet lol. That was about 3 years ago, and now I’ve turned to excessively combing my hands through my hair when I’m anxious
laurawatt
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Keep up the good work - some days will be hard but if you keep trying and working through the low points ( which are so much more than giving into a bad habit) hopefully it will become easier and better as you find other strategies to supplement your current actions.
Thank you! :heart:

(Original post by Helianthuss)
I went through a phase of trich as part of my OCD: I would subconsciously pull hair out one at a time when I was watching tv to the point where there was a massive pile of hair on my carpet lol. That was about 3 years ago, and now I’ve turned to excessively combing my hands through my hair when I’m anxious
:console: that must suck :sadnod:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
okay so this blog kinda died for a week... but i'm back!

i forgot? i was busy? and other excuses :lol:

anyway, been some ups and downs - ups being days with <10 hairs, and downs being days with >40 :emo:

been feeling down generally though, so this could have been one contributing factor for the bad days? :dontknow:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've been feeling down generally :hugs: :console: If there's anything we can do to help, then please do let us know! :yes:
Shakiras Law
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bless your lovely soul and good luck!!
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
Wow good luck!
We are here to support you!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Over the weekend I was super busy, and so sat/sun it was <10 hairs :woo:
Today has been 2 eyelashes which is good :yes:

Am hoping to do daily updates after today :jive:
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Over the weekend I was super busy, and so sat/sun it was <10 hairs :woo:
Today has been 2 eyelashes which is good :yes:

Am hoping to do daily updates after today :jive:
Yay go you!
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Also I always get super stressed in and around exam times, and that’s when I pick out the most hairs, so I would need to bring in a fidget thing (stress ball etc.) into my exams with me so that I don’t resort to picking out my hairs but this means telling someone at school (so I can get a student welfare appointment) but this means that they would tell my parents :o:o
I also can’t go to the doctors when I’m 16 because something would be put on my notes and I don’t have a good excuse to go somewhere :iiam: for an hour
But I would need a doctors note to be able to bring something into my exams, which all leads round to telling my parents, but I know they’ll be disappointed and meh :emo:

Sorry if you’ve read this, I just needed to get all my feelings out, even though they aren’t the most positive.
:hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (487)
59.46%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.25%
No- I want it (234)
28.57%
No- I don't want it (55)
6.72%

Watched Threads