Is Triple Science Useful or Pointless Watch

sim6970
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I took Triple Science for GCSE and we have 5 extra science lessons a fortnight this means I am now having science twice in 1 day back to back. I normally enjoy science but I feel like the enjoyment has been taken out Is triple beneficial for science a levels?
panicked_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sim6970)
I took Triple Science for GCSE and we have 5 extra science lessons a fortnight this means I am now having science twice in 1 day back to back. I normally enjoy science but I feel like the enjoyment has been taken out Is triple beneficial for science a levels?
It really depends on what you want to study for A levels, I personally found them helpful as the extra lessons helped me realise what I liked and what I didn't. At the time I thought i wanted to study physics a level but after the extra lessons I realised I didn't. Had the opposite experience with biology, the extra lessons peaked my interest in something I had never been that interested by before. But I know many people during my a levels who went on to achieve some of the best grades without even taking triple sciences.
_Mia101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sim6970)
I think it is. As if you did double science you wouldn't cover C3 B3 or P3. A-level science is kinda like the harder version of GCSE triple sciecne. If you did double science it might make A-levels feel harder. And A-levels are the more important things.

These are just my opinions; i'm doing Triple Science GCSE as well and I can have up to three hours of science in a day (eg physics and two hours of biology). Sometimes I also have two hours of different sciences back to back.

Personally, I think that triple science will make the jump a little bit easier. At the end of the day you could always catch up on what you missed in A-levelss. I think that triple science will make a levels just a little easier. Not by that much though. And probably just at the very beginning and sparsely through out the A-level course.

If you think the workload is too much though maybe you should do double science. What other subjects are you doing?
gdswefqwe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just stick with it, you cover some topics that aren't on the Dual award science spec but later on appear at A Levels. Good luck with your studies.
marwaan15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I completely missed my science GCSE exam and never took it. I still performed well in my other GCSE's and was able to do A-level physics, chemistry, maths and business. Got good grades in all of them and I'm doing a Computer Science degree in the best University in my city!! Keeping this in mind you should be fine no matter what you do, just make sure to excel in other areas to compensate and keep focus on your goals.
sim6970
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I'm doing GCSE IT and Geography aswell If I dropped it I would probably take a MFL or History
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed