The Student Room Group

Supplements

Right now I don't take any supplements so I was wondering if I start taking them for 1 year and then stop, will my gains be 'artificial' and disappear? Ignorant question because I don't take anything anymore so I don't know
Depends what you mean by Supplements.

If you're talking about the supplements that would violate TSR's rule on drugs, then yeah it'll probably be artificial gains.
Rule:

Spoiler

If you're talking about Protein Shakes then no they won't.
Original post by Bulletzone
Depends what you mean by Supplements.

If you're talking about the supplements that would violate TSR's rule on drugs, then yeah it'll probably be artificial gains.
Rule:

Spoiler

If you're talking about Protein Shakes then no they won't.

Yeah sorry i meant like creatine and amino acids in particular. If i stopped taking them after 1 year would i get 'smaller?

Is it better I avoid them and just avoid supplements in general? (Excluding protein shake)
Original post by TheYearNiner
Yeah sorry i meant like creatine and amino acids in particular. If i stopped taking them after 1 year would i get 'smaller?

Is it better I avoid them and just avoid supplements in general? (Excluding protein shake)

Never used Creatine myself.

Make sure you're getting plenty of Protein in your diet and only use the Protein shake as a supplement to your diet. Removing the Protein shakes shouldn't make you smaller so long as you continue lifting heavy.
Never used Creatine myself.

Make sure you're getting plenty of Protein in your diet and only use the Protein shake as a supplement to your diet. Removing the Protein shakes shouldn't make you smaller so long as you continue lifting heavy.

Okk and last unrelated question, what should my goal be after 100kg bench press? Incline bench 100kg or 140kg squat or 200kg deadlift?
Okk and last unrelated question, what should my goal be after 100kg bench press? Incline bench 100kg or 140kg squat or 200kg deadlift?

What are your current lifts?
What are your current lifts?

90kg bench press 110kg squat and 150kg deadlift
90kg bench press 110kg squat and 150kg deadlift

If you can do a 2/3/4:
which is 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat and 4 plate dead-lift, that makes you stronger than the average gym-goer and you're strong as hell.
Once you get the 2 plate bench, get that 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift.

thereafter:
do 3/4/5:
If you reach those goals then class yourself as a STRONG BODYBUILDER!
If you can do a 2/3/4:
which is 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat and 4 plate dead-lift, that makes you stronger than the average gym-goer and you're strong as hell.
Once you get the 2 plate bench, get that 3 plate squat and 4 plate deadlift.

thereafter:
do 3/4/5:
If you reach those goals then class yourself as a STRONG BODYBUILDER!

Cheers mate, what's your stats like?
Cheers mate, what's your stats like?

1.5/3/4

Yeah my bench sucks
1.5/3/4

Yeah my bench sucks

Benching isn't everything! Nice stats
As far as I know, if you start once then you should continue in order to keep your fitness up to date. Though don't have better knowledge of them. Basically, I made my home GYM buying a few good supplements exerpeutic 900xl. Now I don't need to go out for exercise. I can do it easily at my home. Much more comfortable and give me relief.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
From what I understand it's easier to maintain than build so you shouldn't see significant drop off after stopping. Assuming your diet is good to begin with...

Quick Reply

Latest