Views on intelligence, IQ and indoctrination?

Watch
Horner94
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

Can you give me your definition of intelligence/High IQ?

Furthermore, do you believe that our current educational system is indoctrinating, instead of educating?

I look forward to your responses.

Kind regards,
Chad
Arctic Kitten
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think intelligence is the ability to process information quickly and give a sensible solution/ direction, which may or may not be conventional, in a new environment.
IQ is a measurement of how good one is in IQ test.
I think the current education system is ok, but I think the tests and exams is not good. It’s like you are testing if one is good at doing tests and answering repetitive questions, not really testing how info should be process and giving outputs. But our science and technology is not good enough for an educational system not depend on testing but individual ability. That’s why, yes, for now it’s indoctrinating.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't describe our current sysyem as indoctrinating. It's definitely educating. But it's educating learners to pass a test. That's largely it. If you remove all the exams from thw curriculum, and remove all the subsequent lessons which is simply teaching exam and revision content, you aren't left with a great deal that can be called educating.

Depending on the school you can have a huge amount of emotional support. But is that education? I'm not sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
37.34%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (8)
5.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (37)
23.42%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.19%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
8.86%

Watched Threads