spectral_theory
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by _student99)
Hi, I applied for the summer internship in London for management consulting, and I passed the career valuation, and the career unlock, but I am waiting almost a month for the results, to know If I got through to stage 3: Career valuation. And I am finding a little weird that I haven't heard from them yet...Did any of you applied for this role? If yes, have you heard from them? Thank you!!
I didn't apply for that specific role, but if it helps anyone, I applied for actuarial services on the 26th of October, did the Career Valuation and Career Unlocked on 1st November (the deadline), got the invite for Career Conversation on 7th November, completed it on 10th November.
_student99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by spectral_theory)
I didn't apply for that specific role, but if it helps anyone, I applied for actuarial services on the 26th of October, did the Career Valuation and Career Unlocked on 1st November (the deadline), got the invite for Career Conversation on 7th November, completed it on 10th November.
Thank you! I call them the other day asking why I still don't have my results and they send me an email saying: "the position you have applied to is a deadline-driven one. This means you will receive the outcome for the online assessment as per the timetable in the job description". Concluding super vague...
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
I got this email recently:Thank you for completing your Career Conversation. We hope you found this to be an insightful experience. We're pleased to let you know that you've met our performance benchmark and one of our recruitment team will now be taking some time to review your application in more detail. We'll be in touch shortly with next steps.Anyone else had this yet? Unsure what else would need to be reviewed
Rayz.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've done the SJT 4 times and it keeps saying that I have to complete the SJT right after I complete! I've contacted Pwc's support 3 times and they keep claiming that I have not completed the SJT and that they have reset it for me. It's frustrating because Pwc is the only place I actually wanted to intern at this summer. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Anonymous #4
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I got this email recently:Thank you for completing your Career Conversation. We hope you found this to be an insightful experience. We're pleased to let you know that you've met our performance benchmark and one of our recruitment team will now be taking some time to review your application in more detail. We'll be in touch shortly with next steps.Anyone else had this yet? Unsure what else would need to be reviewed
The recruitment team will just be giving your application a once over, it’s probably the first time they’ll be looking at it (bar your video interview) so they’re just making sure you crossed the ts and dotted the is so to speak.

As long as your application is honest, and meets the criteria, you’ll get invited to an AC!
_student99
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
which programme did you apply to? And where?
ekwan04
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Received an email to be invited to the AC roughly 24 hours ago, but once I click on the link in the email to book a slot, it says "There are no time slots available for this event. Please contact us so that we can consider alternative options" Did I let it sit in my email too long and ACs are now all filled up? Or is this a tech glitch? Any advice, insights, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Last edited by ekwan04; 9 months ago
Anonymous #4
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by ekwan04)
Received an email to be invited to the AC roughly 24 hours ago, but once I click on the link in the email to book a slot, it says "There are no time slots available for this event. Please contact us so that we can consider alternative options" Did I let it sit in my email too long and ACs are now all filled up? Or is this a tech glitch? Any advice, insights, or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Take a breath. ACs get announced every Monday/Tuesday for the week ahead. Give it a couple of days and check back, if you haven’t seen one by next Tuesday then I’d call them.

Congrats on getting through to the AC though! I did mine about a month ago and have an offer. I’ll drop you a message to give you some advise!
Anonymous #5
Report 9 months ago
I know this has been asked before but no one seems to be sharing much information, I have just received an invitation to career conversation. Ive never done any video interview before, what can I expect from this. Also how does it work, do you have to use a webcam and pre record or?? A bit confused any insight would be amazing! Congrats to everyone else thats made it this far and even to ACs
scn1903
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,Just wondering if you have any advice for AC, first time I’m doing one so no idea what it involves
Anonymous #4
Report 9 months ago
I know this has been asked before but no one seems to be sharing much information, I have just received an invitation to career conversation. Ive never done any video interview before, what can I expect from this. Also how does it work, do you have to use a webcam and pre record or?? A bit confused any insight would be amazing! Congrats to everyone else thats made it this far and even to ACs
Don’t stress, you’re walked through it step by step as you do it. You have 2 minutes to prepare an answer for each question. Then 3 minutes to record your answer, you only get to record once so, no do overs! There’s also a case study that you have to answer and have 5 minutes to present your answer! Good luck!
AlexApp
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I was told they're using AI to initially analyse video interviews, then passing them onto a recruiter to look at. It's a new system so everything is still a bit up in the air!
AlexApp
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by scn1903)
Hi,Just wondering if you have any advice for AC, first time I’m doing one so no idea what it involves
Their AC this year is largely based on group work (discussion) and quickly analysing information/writing a report. Read up on PwC's 5 professional attributes and try to show them throughout the day, you don't need to lead the conversation but you should try to mediate - ask for people's opinions, be considerate and be honest. It'll also be REALLY useful to read up on PwC's lines of business for the tasks involved.
scn1903
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by AlexApp)
Their AC this year is largely based on group work (discussion) and quickly analysing information/writing a report. Read up on PwC's 5 professional attributes and try to show them throughout the day, you don't need to lead the conversation but you should try to mediate - ask for people's opinions, be considerate and be honest. It'll also be REALLY useful to read up on PwC's lines of business for the tasks involved.
Thank you 👍🏽
Bryan111
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Don’t stress, you’re walked through it step by step as you do it. You have 2 minutes to prepare an answer for each question. Then 3 minutes to record your answer, you only get to record once so, no do overs! There’s also a case study that you have to answer and have 5 minutes to present your answer! Good luck!
Thanks so much, so I’m assuming you have to record for the entire 3 mins, what if you run out of things to say 😂
DiamondArtist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Bryan111)
Thanks so much, so I’m assuming you have to record for the entire 3 mins, what if you run out of things to say 😂
You don't have to use the full 3 minutes I think its just a minute or a minute and a half, I would try not to use the full 3 minutes anyway because you want your answers to be clear and concise so if they're long you may just be waffling which they won't want. Make sure your answers are structured and then they will be long enough to be sent through but also short enough to interesting and clear.
ekwan04
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Take a breath. ACs get announced every Monday/Tuesday for the week ahead. Give it a couple of days and check back, if you haven’t seen one by next Tuesday then I’d call them.

Congrats on getting through to the AC though! I did mine about a month ago and have an offer. I’ll drop you a message to give you some advise!
Thank you! I had been so worried about this. Yes, please feel free to send a message my way. Would love to hear about your experience!
_student99
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, sorry to bother you! but I completed my career unlock on the 7 of October and I haven't heard from them yet, and I have received an email on the 8th of October saying that I haven't completed my career unlock but if I did to ignore the email. So, I am finding it a little weird not hear from them ever since... I applied to management consulting summer internship. What about you? Do you think I should contact them? And GOOD Luck for career conversation!
Bryan111
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by _student99)
Hi, sorry to bother you! but I completed my career unlock on the 7 of October and I haven't heard from them yet, and I have received an email on the 8th of October saying that I haven't completed my career unlock but if I did to ignore the email. So, I am finding it a little weird not hear from them ever since... I applied to management consulting summer internship. What about you? Do you think I should contact them? And GOOD Luck for career conversation!
Hello! If i were you i would 100% give them a call for peace of mind, they are very helpful, chances are they might still be processing all the applications, everything is at a different time scale for different positions and locations im assuming. If you've completed it im sure you have nothing to worry about, I applied for graduate actuarial in Birmingham. All the best and thank youuu!
AlexApp
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by robertking966)
hello mate,
wondering if the structure is just as mentioned or if there will be a short interview bundled in too? just wondering if i should prepare for the bleak interview questions like in the video interview.
cheers!
There's a short 'coaching session' at the end where they ask for feedback and your opinion on the day, it's very casual so no need to prepare for the typical interview stuff! I haven't got my feedback yet but from what I can tell they're just interested to see how you self-reflect and can identify your own (& groups) weaknesses/strengths. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (130)
24.16%
Pop (125)
23.23%
Jazz (24)