The Student Room Group

PwC 2019

Scroll to see replies

Anyone can share the structure of AC, what are the tasks and any specific advice? :smile:
Has anyone received their Career Conversation Feedback yet?

Did mine last Tuesday!
Original post by sarah_145

Did mine last Tuesday!

Not me I'm afraid -- did mine on the 9th of November.
Original post by spectral_theory
Not me I'm afraid -- did mine on the 9th of November.

Ah - I did mine on the 13th! Think they must still be going through all the videos!
Fingers crossed we hear back from them soon/this week!

Do let me know if you've gotten a response! What scheme did you apply for?
I applied for the Assurance - Business Risk, Controls (Spring 2019)

Did mine last Tuesday!

I did my career conversation on the 16th of October and got my feedback on the 18th of November, so if its anything like mine it takes like 4 weeks before you get any feedback.
So what kind of feedback did they give you? Is it like specific on your job simulation or do they tell you whether you are invited for an AC?

Original post by DiamondArtist
I did my career conversation on the 16th of October and got my feedback on the 18th of November, so if its anything like mine it takes like 4 weeks before you get any feedback.
Original post by sharkys
So what kind of feedback did they give you? Is it like specific on your job simulation or do they tell you whether you are invited for an AC?

It was just on my interview but it was related to PwCs capabilities so like business acumen and things. There was nothing about the AC or when I would hear about it which was kind of annoying but I guess it's another waiting game.
Reply 147
Hi can anyone give some advice on the Careers Focus day or AC. First AC i have been to. any idea on how the day is structured and what tasks I will have to do. I have been told that I will get a laptop and calander but thats about all. Please could someone help me out
Hi zz1234
When's your AC?
Reply 149
Original post by Pink155
Hi zz1234
When's your AC?

Hi mine is tommorow. When is yours?
Original post by zz1234
next week
Original post by zz1234

what are you taking with you or just ID?
Reply 152
Original post by robertking966
what are you taking with you or just ID?

Just ID as thats all they said. Is yours tommorow?
Original post by Anonymous
Take a breath. ACs get announced every Monday/Tuesday for the week ahead. Give it a couple of days and check back, if you haven’t seen one by next Tuesday then I’d call them.

Congrats on getting through to the AC though! I did mine about a month ago and have an offer. I’ll drop you a message to give you some advise!

Did they throw any suprises in during the day? They mentioned on the phone that they throw stuff in. What was the rgoup project like?
Original post by robertking966
yeah in edinburgh. see you there maybe!

I have an AC in Edinburgh next week too. I was originally booked into one in Manchester but the student recruitment folk emailed to say they'd opened a Scottish one.

I've done one AC for the Scottish Government so I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this one works.

I wish they'd send out info about the AC automatically. It's a pain to have to wait for a phone call. I'm guessing it'll include test repetitions, in tray, group exercise and some form of interview. (From. What I've heard the partner interview has been replaced by a final reflection interview at the AC.
Has anyone applied for actuarial services? I've just done the final interview and I was wondering if anyone had already done it and how long it took them to get back to you.
Original post by DiamondArtist

oh that is an extremely long wait! but thanks for letting me know!
oh that is an extremely long wait! but thanks for letting me know!

I guess it depends on the scheme and location. I finished my video interview on Sunday and was invited to the AC on Monday evening. Then again, I've just finished a four-month application slog for the Scottish Government so maybe I'm due some quicker reactions!
Original post by ToastMonkey
I guess it depends on the scheme and location. I finished my video interview on Sunday and was invited to the AC on Monday evening. Then again, I've just finished a four-month application slog for the Scottish Government so maybe I'm due some quicker reactions!

Was this for PWC as well?

I applied for the Assurance Business Risk, Controls (Spring 2019) scheme! :/
Worried that AC places are going to fill up soon! :/
Was this for PWC as well?

I applied for the Assurance Business Risk, Controls (Spring 2019) scheme! :/
Worried that AC places are going to fill up soon! :/

The video interview and AC? Yeah that was for pwc. (I actually got booted out after the video game stage but they reassessed me and brought my application back in.)

I applied for the Graduate Assurance scheme (Spring 19). I wasn't aware there was a specific BRC programme. Where abouts are you based?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending