The Student Room Group

Can I go from a C to an A

Hey guys.After results day, I was disappointed that I got a C in AS Biology as it is the only subject that I have hope in getting an A. XD. But I wanted to know is it possible to get an A in my A levels if I study REALLY HARD? I do not want to re do it as I am already redoing Physics and Chemistry and at the same time finishing grade 13.Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
I dont think it is worth resiting the exam because it wont effect your A level marks, it is like mock exam.
Original post by Soomia
Hey guys.After results day, I was disappointed that I got a C in AS Biology as it is the only subject that I have hope in getting an A. XD. But I wanted to know is it possible to get an A in my A levels if I study REALLY HARD? I do not want to re do it as I am already redoing Physics and Chemistry and at the same time finishing grade 13.Thanks for your help.

Does the AS count towards you overall mark?
Reply 3
Original post by Student1191

In some universities they take 2 best as marks and two best a levels to give you average points.
Original post by cheeserk
In some universities they take 2 best as marks and two best a levels to give you average points.

I was asking because idk where they go to school. In wales AS is still 40% of the a level
Reply 5
Original post by Soomia

YES YES and YES! I am a real living testament to that :tongue: This happened to me too, but I managed to get an A the second time I did.

You just have to make sure you actually know your thing on EACH chapter.
Reply 6
I was asking because idk where they go to school. In wales AS is still 40% of the a level

Pearson Edexcel as level is completely different program from a level and doesnt really count, as far as i know.
Yes. Learn how to learn more efficiently and effectively. Different people have different optimal ways of learning, so find yours. You can do it. I moved from an E to a B in Biology. It's not quite the same as C to A, but I was getting A's and A*s in my practice exams leading up to the real exam. I just got a bit flustered on the day of the real one. And I'm a dumb-dumb, so it's certainly possible for you :biggrin:
Reply 8

Yes. My final A level grade is 50% A level and 50% AS level marks. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Funkymintbrother
Yes. Learn how to learn more efficiently and effectively. Different people have different optimal ways of learning, so find yours. You can do it. I moved from an E to a B in Biology. It's not quite the same as C to A, but I was getting A's and A*s in my practice exams leading up to the real exam. I just got a bit flustered on the day of the real one. And I'm a dumb-dumb, so it's certainly possible for you :biggrin:

Did u redo it or u just got a B in one go? Because that's amazing.
Reply 10

Yes
Original post by Soomia

I had to redo it, but there were some complications as to why.

I was planning on getting an A or a B in one go, as I was getting A's in my practice exams, but my brother had passed away suddenly right before exam season. Sooo I kinda stopped caring about education altogether (at the time), stopped prepping entirely and got a C that year (without a proper night's sleep for weeks, too).

As such, I had to take another year to redo it. Here's the thing though, I'll never know what I would have gotten if he didn't die, but I'm willing to bet it would have been higher than a C.

In other words, we can just pretend that I did it all in one go and that it's certainly possible for you to do so. Even if I didn't have those complications, that's still no reason as to why you wouldn't be able to pull it off. It's September and you have plenty of time to get it together :smile:
Original post by Soomia

You should've seen my reply :aetsch: Sorry for being rude lmao, but I'm doing CIE too.

"YES YES and YES! I am a real living testament to that This happened to me too, but I managed to get an A the second time I did. You just have to make sure you actually know your thing on EACH chapter."
Reply 13
I had to redo it, but there were some complications as to why.

I was planning on getting an A or a B in one go, as I was getting A's in my practice exams, but my brother had passed away suddenly right before exam season. Sooo I kinda stopped caring about education altogether (at the time), stopped prepping entirely and got a C that year (without a proper night's sleep for weeks, too).

As such, I had to take another year to redo it. Here's the thing though, I'll never know what I would have gotten if he didn't die, but I'm willing to bet it would have been higher than a C.

In other words, we can just pretend that I did it all in one go and that it's certainly possible for you to do so. Even if I didn't have those complications, that's still no reason as to why you wouldn't be able to pull it off. It's September and you have plenty of time to get it together :smile:

Oh my God I am so sorry for your loss. Well thank you so much for sharing your story with me. Yes I will definitely try my best.
Original post by Soomia
Oh my God I am so sorry for your loss. Well thank you so much for sharing your story with me. Yes I will definitely try my best.

I appreciate it.

Two words: past papers.

Plus, a new method I've been using recently for my Anatomy and Physiology modules at university, is where I write down notes/exam style answers to big questions (e.g. "What is neurogenic shock and what are its symptoms and causes?"). But then I'll read the notes/answer out and record myself doing so, and save it as an audio recording on my phone so that I can listen to them during long journeys whilst driving. If you don't drive you could do this while walking. This has been helping me a lot lately, it might do the same for you. Good luck with everything.
Reply 15
I appreciate it.

Two words: past papers.

Plus, a new method I've been using recently for my Anatomy and Physiology modules at university, is where I write down notes/exam style answers to big questions (e.g. "What is neurogenic shock and what are its symptoms and causes?":wink:. But then I'll read the notes/answer out and record myself doing so, and save it as an audio recording on my phone so that I can listen to them during long journeys whilst driving. If you don't drive you could do this while walking. This has been helping me a lot lately, it might do the same for you. Good luck with everything.

That is a really good idea. I will make sure I do. Thank you so much. I wish you the best as well. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by wifd149
You should've seen my reply :aetsch: Sorry for being rude lmao, but I'm doing CIE too.

"YES YES and YES! I am a real living testament to that This happened to me too, but I managed to get an A the second time I did. You just have to make sure you actually know your thing on EACH chapter."

Oh yes hahahaha. Sorry about that.
Original post by Soomia
Oh yes hahahaha. Sorry about that.

Lululul sorry for sounding like an attention-seeker, but I think that should show you that it's very possible. I did my first one in Oct/Nov, then the second one in May/June... If you are thinking on re-doing AS again.

Quick Reply

Latest