TheEnchantress: AAA Journey ♥️ Watch

TheEnchantress
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Attachment 774932

Hiya Everyone 😊

I decided to make a GYG thread to help motivate and keep me on track.

In all honesty it isn’t going to be anything fancy (tbh even if I wanted to make it nice, I wouldn’t know how to 😳) and I’m going to only post when I have time (I’ll try to post as much as I can though x) because I know it could take quite a while sometimes and I prefer not to waste any time because I’m in Year 13 and my teachers keep going on about how my exams are in 6 months 😭

Summary: (a bit depressive, sorry ☹️)

GCSEs: A’s and B’s (I should have worked harder 😕)

AS: This year was horrific for me. My motivation was at an all time low and my mental health had reached its peak ⚰️. College kept going on about how if we ever needed help, go to them but when I did, instead they called my parents up and told them about everything I said (I’m so glad to not have told them much)

Future: I’m a confused chicken 🐣 when it comes to my future. If I’m being truthful it actually scares me thinking about it, so I just avoid it 😂 Which doesn’t make life easier for me because I’m a person who likes to have everything planned out. I’ve started my Personal Statement even if I don’t go university because my mind changes literally every minute. I would love to do the Physician Associate course at University of Central Lancashire (only uni that offers it, as an undergraduate degree) but I wouldn’t mind doing Children Nursing 🤱🏽 Also over the summer I have looked in to apprenticeships, so I may apply for them to just in case I decide university isn’t for me 🤷🏽 But the Physician Associate course will always be my first choice 🤞🏼

And if anyone cares 😳 I would love to learn Calligraphy so hopefully going to practice a bit every week. And build on a few other hobbies/skills but I’ll just focus on Studying for now because that’s what a GYG blog is for 🙈

Anyway it’s a new year so new me 👶
I can’t change the past but I could change the present in order to better the future 🐥

I was waiting around hoping to feel motivated, but then I realised I need to stop waiting for external sources to make me feel motivated, it needs to come from within 💘

Then I just started searching on roses 🥀 if there is one thing that I have infinite amount of love for, it’s roses 😍 I mean who doesn’t love roses 🌹 Every-time I scroll through pictures of roses my mood is literally lifted (like now 😋) anyway back to the point which I’ve now forgotten 🤣
I then came up with the quote:

“Roses Don’t Come Without Thorns”

Analysis: The Rose is the goal= the grades, but the Thorns are the revision that needs to be done.
This quote will be my motivation because it’s my happy place.

Oh yeah and I do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology ☃️

Stupid Rambling (pretty much like everything else 🙈):
(I’m not sure what else we are supposed to include in the introduction... 🤨 Also we have 1 laptop that we use which is my brothers but it’s realllly slow: I feel sorry for myself when I have to make my notes on that, a 20 minute job ends up literally taking 2 hours (but I’m very grateful that we have these items, don’t worry, because I know some people don’t have them and I have a lot of love for that laptop, been through a lot of stressful days and nights together 💞😋) but the point I was making was that, I can’t use TSRs emojis and I will try to add colour but I can’t promise because I don’t really want to waste 30 minutes just to add colour to the title 🤕 instead I’ll have to use the normal emojis 🤗)

Hope we all get the grades we want 💎 Byyyyeeee🕊♥️
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
Thursday wasn’t anything exciting (pretty much like every other day of my life 🤣). I started learning about Pychopathology. I just went over the different meanings of abnormality and a few other things. For Biology I also went over the basics for conducting an experiment, drawing a table and graph. My revision was just going over the Gas Exchange topic for Biology. I just watched videos on SnapRevise and made mindmaps.

In the morning I completed 4, 6 mark questions (randomly selected) on AS Chemistry. I timed myself, which I completely hated but I know it’s necessary because time is literally my biggest enemy in the exam. I was a bit rusty on two of the topics so I need to go over them. Then I went over how to work out initial rate of reaction and how to work out rate of order and the constant, K and it’s units by practicing questions. Then I practised another timed, 6 mark question, which went really well because I was more used to completing questions under timed conditions. However, one thing you should know about me is that I work at a slow rate. Basically meaning, I like to take my time. I mean I could work fast if I wanted to but I have no sense of urgency in me 🤷🏽 For Biology I continued to work on Gas Exchange. I made some notes and mindmaps, which ended up taking awhile. Hopefully, aiming to have my Gas Exchange revision finished my Saturday night. I also have a Biology mock in a weeks time, so just prepping for that 💪🏼 I also done a few more things but can’t really remember so I’ll just end it at that 💎

Byyyyeeee🙈♥️
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck with Year 13!! :rave:
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Best of luck with Year 13!! :rave:
Thankyou ♥️
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
15.09.2018 & 16.09.2018
I wrote this post out 5 times but TSR just keep deleting all the content. So to summarise it: it was an emotional roller coaster 💎
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good luck I’m doing Biology (ocr) and in year 13 as well ! 💓
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
I woke up at 4:30 in the morning today (very early in the morning I know) but didn’t get out of bed until at least 6:45 🤓 It was a very weird early morning though because I just felt such fear in my heart 💔 which isn’t a normal occurrence (especially this early in the morning).
This helped: https://productivemuslim.com/3-power...overcome-fear/ 😘
Anyway, in the morning I practiced a lot of exam questions for Biology and marked model answers to see the difference in the quality of answers. I feel like this was a very useful tasks as it shows how much of a difference quality can have over quantity 🤩 I mainly focused on the AO2 questions because I know that’s where I need to improve on and my teacher specifically said:
“You could learn all the content but you will NOT get higher than a D, if you don’t know how to answer AO2 questions” so yeah, really need to focus on improving my technique 😳 and I practiced exam questions that linked to practical skills too 👩🏽🔬 I also got ahead on the topic Biodiversity. I just basically made some notes because I thought it will be useful for when I started the topic. Oh yeah I also carried on revising Gas Exchange (yes, I’m still on that topic 😴). I practiced my maths for Biology too because when looking back at Key Assessments I realised I tend to lose a lot of easy marks by making silly mistakes 😟. Next onto Chemistry: I also completed loads of questions (when I say loads I mean like 10 🤣 but they were pretty long ngl) on Rates and then practiced a 6 marker question which was timed 😓 I actually got 5 out 6 and if I didn’t penalise myself so much it could have been a 6 but prefer to get a 5/6 now and 6/6 in the exam rather than have it the other way round 🌸 oh I also did a Rates booklet which was filled with questions (so did do loads actually 😊) which I need to mark so going to do that after this post 🤪 For Psychology we had to mark someone else’s Psychology Paper which was part of our summer work 🤯 I’m not gonna lie this was pretty stressful because although I’m in a completely new class I hate having to give someone low marks on a question but I’m glad my teacher took it in so she could mark it properly 😌 I did however try my very best to give them as much helpful advice as I can 💖 I also completed a 16 mark timed question because I feel like with Psychology I want to write a lot but there’s not enough time and I need to learn how to not ramble and answer the questions in time. I also just recapped on my revision for abnormality and the definitions and completed a task sheet which had an exam question that many people found difficult last year 💎 tbf I get why it was very confusing and difficult although I didn’t do bad on it I need to find more questions like that to practice so there are no surprises on the real day 🙈

This is just a picture I took of my work (literally only 1 page but didn’t really want to take the pages out my pad just yet and don’t want to post an exam question and it’s not very clear, it was the nicest one and now I’m just rambling so I’ll just be quiet 🤐)

Name:  B839A6CD-C340-4B80-9ADE-9F0EB1AEFE06.jpg.jpeg
Views: 40
Size:  17.8 KB

Byyyyeeee 🙈♥️
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheEnchantress)
Attachment 774128

Hiya Everyone 😊

I decided to make a GYG thread to help motivate and keep me on track.

In all honesty it isn’t going to be anything fancy (tbh even if I wanted to make it nice, I wouldn’t know how to 😳) and I’m going to only post when I have time (I’ll try to post as much as I can though x) because I know it could take quite a while sometimes and I prefer not to waste any time because I’m in Year 13 and my teachers keep going on about how my exams are in 6 months 😭

Summary: (a bit depressive, sorry ☹️)

GCSEs: A’s and B’s (I should have worked harder 😕)

AS: This year was horrific for me. My motivation was at an all time low and my mental health had reached its peak ⚰️. College kept going on about how if we ever needed help, go to them but when I did, instead they called my parents up and told them about everything I said (I’m so glad to not have told them much)

Future: I’m a confused chicken 🐣 when it comes to my future. If I’m being truthful it actually scares me thinking about it, so I just avoid it 😂 Which doesn’t make life easier for me because I’m a person who likes to have everything planned out. I’ve started my Personal Statement even if I don’t go university because my mind changes literally every minute. I would love to do the Physician Associate course at University of Central Lancashire (only uni that offers it, as an undergraduate degree) but I wouldn’t mind doing Children Nursing 🤱🏽 Also over the summer I have looked in to apprenticeships, so I may apply for them to just in case I decide university isn’t for me 🤷🏽 But the Physician Associate course will always be my first choice 🤞🏼

Anyway it’s a new year so new me 👶
I can’t change the past but I could change the present in order to better the future 🐥

I was waiting around hoping to feel motivated, but then I realised I need to stop waiting for external sources to make me feel motivated, it needs to come from within 💘

Then I just started searching on roses 🥀 if there is one thing that I have infinite amount of love for, it’s roses 😍 I mean who doesn’t love roses 🌹 Every-time I scroll through pictures of roses my mood is literally lifted (like now 😋) anyway back to the point which I’ve now forgotten 🤣
I then came up with the quote:

“Roses Don’t Come Without Thorns”

Analysis: The Rose is the goal= the grades, but the Thorns are the revision that needs to be done.
This quote will be my motivation because it’s my happy place.

Oh yeah and I do Biology, Chemistry and Psychology ☃️

Stupid Rambling (pretty much like everything else 🙈):
(I’m not sure what else we are supposed to include in the introduction... 🤨 Also we have 1 laptop that we use which is my brothers but it’s realllly slow: I feel sorry for myself when I have to make my notes on that, a 20 minute job ends up literally taking 2 hours (but I’m very grateful that we have these items, don’t worry, because I know some people don’t have them and I have a lot of love for that laptop, been through a lot of stressful days and nights together 💞😋) but the point I was making was that, I can’t use TSRs emojis and I will try to add colour but I can’t promise because I don’t really want to waste 30 minutes just to add colour to the title 🤕 instead I’ll have to use the normal emojis 🤗)

Hope we all get the grades we want 💎 Byyyyeeee🕊♥️
I wish you the best of luck, don't let anything bring you down.
Name:  0a23a191a1886299ff95203f6510900e.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  39.0 KB
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wooord)
Good luck I’m doing Biology (ocr) and in year 13 as well ! 💓
Thankyou ♥️ Good luck for your alevels too xx Have you got a blog, I would love to follow your journey 💖 I wish I was doing OCR, I’m actually WJEC which has literally no content online 😢
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
I wish you the best of luck, don't let anything bring you down.
Name:  0a23a191a1886299ff95203f6510900e.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  39.0 KB
Thankyou so much 🎀 same back at you 🌸 Are you currently doing a levels too 💎
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thankyou so much 🎀 same back at you 🌸 Are you currently doing a levels too 💎
Yes I do, I also have my own GYG as well
Wooord
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thankyou ♥️ Good luck for your alevels too xx Have you got a blog, I would love to follow your journey 💖 I wish I was doing OCR, I’m actually WJEC which has literally no content online 😢
I do actually but it’s not ready yet lol I haven’t gotten around to finish but I will be over he weekend it’s just for Bio though because that’s the one I’m struggling with the most ☹️ and no way I’ve never even heard of WJEC ahaha
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner)
Yes I do, I also have my own GYG as well
Would love to check it out, could you send me a link 😊
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would love to check it out, could you send me a link 😊
Of course!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...5560090&page=2
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wooord)
I do actually but it’s not ready yet lol I haven’t gotten around to finish but I will be over he weekend it’s just for Bio though because that’s the one I’m struggling with the most ☹️ and no way I’ve never even heard of WJEC ahaha
Well when you finish with it, link it, I would love to check it out 💕 and don’t worry not many have heard of it 🤣 Tbh I didn’t even know it was an exam board in the UK until I started my a-levels 😳
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow, the thread actually loaded.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Wow, the thread actually loaded.
Thankyou 🌸
(p.s. is that a good thing 😳 a friend was just wondering 🙈)
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thankyou 🌸
(p.s. is that a good thing 😳 a friend was just wondering 🙈)
Website was broken, this thread was the only one being shown. Website seem to be repaired.
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
Website was broken, this thread was the only one being shown. Website seem to be repaired.
Oh 😂😂 I’ll still take it as a compliment
TheEnchantress
Rep:
?
This isn’t a study post (will post one tonight though 💎).
But I’m so upset right now 😭 I was editing my personal statement (that’s a whole other problem 😫) and when I went on to the Physician Associate course on UCLANs website I found out that they changed the grade requirements. I’m so confused and upset 😢 Do I still apply and just get rejected or not take the risk. I put all my focus on to this. Literally my heart and soul was in this course and now I can’t do it 💔 Can anyone help me please 💖
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads