The Student Room Group

Admiral littlebox insurance

I’m currently looking at getting my first car and after running some quotes, admiral’s littlebox insurance seems to be consistently cheaper than other insurers.

Has anyone here had this type of policy with admiral and if so, would you recommend them? I’ve heard mixed reviews about black box insurance in general and so want to know whether it’s worth the lower price
Reply 1
As I'm sure Tom will come in and say:

Avoid black box insurance like the plague, it may be cheaper but you get what you pay for. Many blackbox policies will cancel your policy for no reasons and have unfair ratings, but there's nothing you can do.

I have a black box policy and I constantly feel like it's against me and threatened to cancel me. When looking for insurance quotes for someone with a cancelled policy it was £8000 cheapest, biggest mistake I've made.

Just don't bother and look elsewhere. Also, sometimes Admiral's regular non telematics policy won't be much more expensive than the telematics one, run your details through confused.com and see if you get a good price for them, discounts are given as confused is owned by Admiral.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by xDron3
As I'm sure Tom will come in and say:

Now I don't need to 🙄
Dont touch them with a barge pole !!! My son has had this insurance for coming up to three months now and even though i have been out with him several times and he is driving like a saint it still registers poor. They say you can drive after 10pm-5am but do not recommend it scoring is effected even though they tell you it shouldnt affect it. My son had had a handful of journeys after 10pm in the time hes had the insurance but gets snotty emails threatening him they will cancel the cover if the score does not improve. What happens if you work nights ????. He has now cancelled his policy for fear of getting it cancelled by them and gone with Churchill without a black box for a reasonable price, with no stupid, in my opinion very harsh set of rules to work to. Its almost impossible to keep Admiral happy. They are happy to take the money and run !!!! RANT OVER !!!

Quick Reply

Latest