Why am I being like this? Watch

Dan192
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hey!

So just finished my 2nd day and i can’t help but to be so stressed out about a level. I start to become so stressed that I don’t want to eat and I feel totally sick (As in my stomach starts to hurt).
I wouldn’t even be surprised if my hair started falling out since I’ve been so stressed out.

I’ve never been a person that has been stressed out over stuff as much as I have now. For some reason, sixth form is just so stressful for me - I want it to be over already but I know I’ve got 2 years to go.

I just don’t know what to do, it’s simply stress after stress after stress.
I’m stressed out in school, I’m stressed out after school and I’m stressed out at night.

I think one of the main reasons as to why I’m stressed out is due to me constantly thinking im going to fail and I’ve always got that at the back of my head since i did try in my GCSEs (not that much but above the average person I’d say) but in the end I just got bad grades. I guess I’m worried the same thing is going to happen with A levels.
I’m also worried that im going to find most of the stuff confusing and not understand it at all and I feel like I’m the only person in the class who is behind stuff.

For studying, I am understanding stuff - Not all of it but most it I would say. I just don’t know what to do. I feel like my whole life is just depressing now
Last edited by Dan192; 5 months ago
anniekeshler
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Try vegetarian diet, raw greens... works for me, like all the time.
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by anniekeshler)
Try vegetarian diet, raw greens... works for me, like all the time.
I don’t think that will work for me tbh
anniekeshler
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Healthy diet works for kost people though
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by anniekeshler)
Healthy diet works for kost people though
But I doubt that a diet is gonna take away all this stress I’m having. Surely it doesn’t
Roindiana28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Go and see your school councillor! It’s best to share stuff like this rather than hold onto it, the school will be able to help you in so many different ways from counselling to study and exam techniques☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
L.D.S.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Dan192)
But I doubt that a diet is gonna take away all this stress I’m having. Surely it doesn’t
It might not remove stress itself but can combat the effects stress has, for example reducing fatigue by giving you more energy and reducing the amount of times you get distracted by allowing you to focus and concentrate better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Dan192
Rep:
?
(Original post by LDS16)
It might not remove stress itself but can combat the effects stress has, for example reducing fatigue by giving you more energy and reducing the amount of times you get distracted by allowing you to focus and concentrate better
I’ll give it a go then. Thanks!
(Original post by Roindiana28)
Go and see your school councillor! It’s best to share stuff like this rather than hold onto it, the school will be able to help you in so many different ways from counselling to study and exam techniques☺️
I will

I just have it at the back of my head that I’m worried I’m going to get bad grades in my A levels and I’m worried about the amount of work I have to do and countless hours spent on revising over and over.

I’ve seen/heard people try so hard in A levels yet they end up receiving bad/low grades. It just makes me worried
Last edited by Dan192; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%