biology or physics?? Help! Watch

georgey682
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have until tomorrow to decide if i want to drop physics for biology. I'm really not liking physics and although i liked biology at GCSE i really do not want to become a doctor or a vet or a dentist or anything similar so is there any point doing biology?
gdswefqwe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Biology is quite wordy and the mark schemes are specific as frick, If you're better in Math in comparison to English then stick with physics. If not, swap them?
Obliviously
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you are doing maths, it takes pressure off physics - with equations you'll only need to be exposed to them and won't need any practice rearranging for context
georgey682
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Obliviously)
If you are doing maths, it takes pressure off physics - with equations you'll only need to be exposed to them and won't need any practice rearranging for context
do you think theres any point me taking biology if i dont want to do medicine?
JustACoincidence
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Well lots of people who do biology courses go on to do law conversions, so there’s always that option. 😎

On another note, there are lots of other options for a course to do with biology. Zoology, ecology, botany, microbiology, marine biology, conservation, etc. That’s just a few of the possible courses you could do with biology. And not all of them mean being a doctor, or a vet, or a dentist. You could go into research, become a zoo keeper, work to preserve endangered species, or work for marine conservation - all to do with biology and all none of the things you said above. There really is a whole range of options if you do even the smallest amount of research.

In terms of choosing which one to drop, my advice is always going to be which one do you find the most interesting? Which do you enjoy the most? If that answer is biology, then I would pick biology. If you don’t enjoy something now, what’s the chance you’ll enjoy working in that industry?

You do have quite a decision to make and I hope my advice has been helpful. Ultimately, only you can decide, and you should choose - above all else - the one that you want to do. Nobody else should make the choice for you.

I suggest you maybe do a little research into biology (and physics) careers and courses. Maybe you’ll find something that inspires you. Of course, you’ll be doing other subjects, so you might even choose to do something to do with that.

Well, that’s all I’ve got for you at the minute. I hope this had been helpful for you, and feel free to message me if you want anymore insight from someone who’s doing both A-level biology and physics.

Good luck on your choice.

JAC
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by JustACoincidence; 5 months ago
Obliviously
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by georgey682)
I'm really not liking physics and although i liked biology at GCSE
Additionally, i would also say: don't base how you think you will enjoy biology or physics based off the GCSE, look at the actual course content to see what interests you too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (14)
5.93%
No (222)
94.07%

Watched Threads