The Student Room Group

how is the second love different to your first love? give me hope

my first love broke my heart (I left him because he was inconsistent and he didnt seem to care which almost killed me). its been around 3 weeks and im 97% over him which is a good sign. but is the second love even better than the first?
Is your brain built like an iphone? How did you come to such an accurate calculation of 97%?
Original post by Pussy Patrol
Is your brain built like an iphone? How did you come to such an accurate calculation of 97%?

lmao!!!! Im almost near 100% over him but a bit of inner work left to get there
Your expectations are lowered so you get less hurt when things go wrong.
Original post by King Electron
Your expectations are lowered so you get less hurt when things go wrong.

Yes and I also feel like I definitely wont be attached to the next man who I choose as my partner which is a big pro I guess. it will be healthier..
For me at least, it was less whirlwind/emotional and much calmer/healthier. I loved the second love less than I did the first and it was far less intention, but far more mature :smile: Am moving on from second love much better and quicker than from the first :redface:

I'm impressed you've managed to move on 97% in 3 weeks. Took me about 7 years to even start moving on from my first love (though I suppose it was a hugely complex situation I found myself in) :tongue:
There's only two loves you never forget - the first and the last. Everything in between those two is learning.
I remember u m8 wher u bin :h:
Reply 8
I was more efficient at ****ing things up than I was first time around.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I remember u m8 wher u bin :h:

was focusing on 3rd year
Reply 10
Don't force anything just let it be natural. Make effort of course but let the river run its course.
Now Ive only had 2 loves but the second was so much better than the first. I think it really depends on the connection you have with the person you love. The first was my first long term relationship at 16 we were together 3 years until I ended it with him because he lost interest and was too chicken to dump me. It took me 2 months to be like 90% over him and after that I started dating to see whats out there. I think my second love was so much better because I knew more of what kind of person I wanted to be with and ending that first one gave me a lot more confidence in my decisions. Its different for everyone but my second was certainly more passionate and comfortable than the first
Original post by Anonymous
Now Ive only had 2 loves but the second was so much better than the first. I think it really depends on the connection you have with the person you love. The first was my first long term relationship at 16 we were together 3 years until I ended it with him because he lost interest and was too chicken to dump me. It took me 2 months to be like 90% over him and after that I started dating to see whats out there. I think my second love was so much better because I knew more of what kind of person I wanted to be with and ending that first one gave me a lot more confidence in my decisions. Its different for everyone but my second was certainly more passionate and comfortable than the first

I literally dumped mine for the exact same reason. you're right in that I know exactly what I want and dont want but how does that make it any easier to find the one?

and how do you mean comfortable? as in less stressful like the feeling was reciprocal?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
I literally dumped mine for the exact same reason. you're right in that I know exactly what I want and dont want but how does that make it any easier to find the one?

and how do you mean comfortable? as in less stressful like the feeling was reciprocal?

Well I dont know if makes it easier to find them but if you know what you dont/do want then that means that you're going to be looking for that person, making them already a step more compatiable for you than the first. And when I say comfortable I mean.. I was just more comfortable around that second person. I guess because I had found someone who ticked off the boxes I was looking for after learning from the first love that I felt more myself around him and he really was just 100x more compatiable to me.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I dont know if makes it easier to find them but if you know what you dont/do want then that means that you're going to be looking for that person, making them already a step more compatiable for you than the first. And when I say comfortable I mean.. I was just more comfortable around that second person. I guess because I had found someone who ticked off the boxes I was looking for after learning from the first love that I felt more myself around him and he really was just 100x more compatiable to me.

because he was my first love, i guess im just worried I wont find someone I wil feel the same way towards. im 23 so im still very young but im praying the one who im compatible with will make me have stronger feelings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending