Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello,

This is my first year of working as a locum. Are there any e-portfolios that are recommended? How would I go about getting appraisals organised. Just working through internal bank, not through agency. Thank you.
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello,

This is my first year of working as a locum. Are there any e-portfolios that are recommended? How would I go about getting appraisals organised. Just working through internal bank, not through agency. Thank you.
Depends which specialty you're in and at what level - Horus ePortfolio if you're F2, ISCP if you're surgical, etc. You don't need an e-portfolio as you can collect evidence in other ways, but if you intend to re-enter training at some point then it is a useful thing to demonstrate that you've kept up to date. Your Trust will be able to arrange an annual appraisal for you, they usually have a Medical Appraisals Officer or similar in HR that coordinates them. You tend to have to find your own appraiser (from a list of recognised appraisers) within the Trust, and HR sends you all the paperwork they want completed.
TheRabbit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,

Becca-Sarah has explained about getting an appraiser, in terms of eportfolios you can pay to access the JRCPTB (trainee physician) portfolio for 6 months or a year, and I imagine other colleges offer this too. It is helpful for being able to send tickets for workplace based assessments which you can then use as evidence at your appraisal, however you could also get paper copies of these and scan them or send a digital file (eg word file) for them to fill in and store them on your computer.
PhilMcElnay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hello,

The MedAll.org eportfolio is completely free for F3s and locums.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads