GrantHoltHarambe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I had to miss one exam in June due to a funeral. In all the other exams I sat I averaged a 2:1. In my August exam for the module I missed in June I only got 38%. As this was a core module I needed 40% to be allowed onto the next stage of my course.*

I was wondering if the Uni would allow me onto the next stage of my course despite this, as I was very close to a pass and I comfortably passed all my other modules, or will they make me resit the whole year for that one module?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Helz91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you put in a PEC for the one in June then surely the exam in August was your first attempt? So you should be allowed to do a resit. If not it would go to the examers board. With it being a core module, you have to pass for the next stage
I'm God
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you will have to resit the whole year, but you should probably check with your uni website.

The universities I know don't allow you to go to the next year until you have passed all modules.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GrantHoltHarambe)
I had to miss one exam in June due to a funeral. In all the other exams I sat I averaged a 2:1. In my August exam for the module I missed in June I only got 38%. As this was a core module I needed 40% to be allowed onto the next stage of my course.*

I was wondering if the Uni would allow me onto the next stage of my course despite this, as I was very close to a pass and I comfortably passed all my other modules, or will they make me resit the whole year for that one module?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi GrantHoltHarambe,

Usually you do need to achieve 40% in all modules to pass the year and progress on to stage 2, however the Board of Examiners can on occasion pass by discretion. There is also sometimes the possibility to transfer onto another course at stage 1. It would be best for you to contact your personal tutor for guidance about your options as soon as possible.

Hope this helps,

Valentina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
68.57%
No I haven't decided yet (5)
14.29%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
17.14%

Watched Threads