karispg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I started drama doing cross sites at another school which isn't my base, meaning I have to make my way all the way to another school every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning which means I miss many clubs and assemblies in my school. I have only done 2 lessons so far and I really don't like the people in the class, I don't feel like I'm gaining any intellect form it and I don't particularly want to go into drama in the future. Keep in mind this was kind of my second choice from Music A-level which they stopped doing at my sixth form. Seeing as I do not particularly like the people in my class or have any real interest in Drama, I guess my third choice would be History. Its based at my school which means my journey will be easier and I will be more comfortable overall with my surroundings. But I don't know if it will be 'too much' for me seeing as I don't really care about this subject either and I know that it is A LOT harder than Drama. These two A-levels are kind of the same level within pros and con and I just don't know what to do anymore.If anyone done these courses please help me to understand d which one would be a better choice for me academically and which is more interesting in general.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by karispg)
I started drama doing cross sites at another school which isn't my base, meaning I have to make my way all the way to another school every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning which means I miss many clubs and assemblies in my school. I have only done 2 lessons so far and I really don't like the people in the class, I don't feel like I'm gaining any intellect form it and I don't particularly want to go into drama in the future. Keep in mind this was kind of my second choice from Music A-level which they stopped doing at my sixth form. Seeing as I do not particularly like the people in my class or have any real interest in Drama, I guess my third choice would be History. Its based at my school which means my journey will be easier and I will be more comfortable overall with my surroundings. But I don't know if it will be 'too much' for me seeing as I don't really care about this subject either and I know that it is A LOT harder than Drama. These two A-levels are kind of the same level within pros and con and I just don't know what to do anymore.If anyone done these courses please help me to understand d which one would be a better choice for me academically and which is more interesting in general.
Drama ok for drama degrees or maybe English.
History is more respected and more flexible for just about everything else. No good if you arent interested find something else you can get a good grade in. Voice your concerns about drama , but look at other options and give it another week.
karispg
Rep:
?
Thanks for the info! Ive been looking theough all the subjects and there is LITERALLY nothing else I would do that I like. And im trying to be optimistic but there is just nothing! Im probably going to end up taking the history 😪😪
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks for the info! Ive been looking theough all the subjects and there is LITERALLY nothing else I would do that I like. And im trying to be optimistic but there is just nothing! Im probably going to end up taking the history 😪😪
It is a no brainer. Do history. Drama is a stupid subject
Assembly
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well History is the more traditional, respected subject if you're looking to go into academic fields after sixth form. Check your school's course spec and see if any of the topics they are doing interest you (even mildly) - if not, then History might not be your best choice. However, I will say History isn't as difficult as a lot make it seem. There is a high volume of content, but if you memorise the most pertinent info and know when to use it essays
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From someone who’s studied both, it’s your call. For top grades in both it requires written work, and content. But, history is more “academic”, drama requires a bit more of a creative/visual perspective. For the written exams you need to be able to articulate how you’d put something on stage. They’re tricky in different ways, but no A-Level is a walk in the park. Pick which subject you’d prefer. Don’t take history on the basis of “ugh gotta do this” because it’ll feel like such a drag.
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
It is a no brainer. Do history. Drama is a stupid subject
If only there was an option to downvote a comment.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Then you will have to do History [ imo the much better subject] and rather than fight it, adapt to learn how to get a good grade.

Its very well respected and straightforward. Talk to someone about it asap and then dont look back.
bubblecat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I LOVE history, but let me tell you history a level is the bane of my life. its very hard and definitely not a subject you should take if you aren’t interested in it. The only reason I decided to see it through was because I find the content interesting. It is definitely my hardest subject
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
If only there was an option to downvote a comment.
There used to be but it meant that people couldn't tell the truth. Drama is great as an extracurricular but an extremely soft subject as an A level
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
There used to be but it meant that people couldn't tell the truth. Drama is great as an extracurricular but an extremely soft subject as an A level
Yeah, it’s definitely a softer a level shbject. But, it still counts. I’m more than happy with my choice to study 2 ‘academic’ subjects, and drama, a subject I can enjoy and got a high grade in, as a third. It’s valid for all respectable university courses, and totally worth it for me.

Each to their own. 😊
karispg
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone for your input, I have spoken to my school and have chosen to do History. I don't completely hate the subject and in GCSE I did find it interesting but it wasn't necessarily something I'd want to continue in A-level. But I'm going to take it as an opportunity to expand my knowledge and learn. Thanks a bunch!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (135)
17.74%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.81%
Not great so far... (273)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.58%

Watched Threads