Guaranteed interview scheme for medicine BRIGHTON Watch

UserenameNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im applying for Biology at Brighton and i've never really wanted to become a doctor but recently I was shadowing an oncology outpatient doctor and it interested me. I saw this on the website, and i was wondering if anyone actually gets into it.
Do you only get the chance of the interview after enrolling in Sep 2019.
Is it definite that you will get a place with the medicine course after?
Anyone done this before?
Random_Student
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UserenameNot)
Im applying for Biology at Brighton and i've never really wanted to become a doctor but recently I was shadowing an oncology outpatient doctor and it interested me. I saw this on the website, and i was wondering if anyone actually gets into it.
Do you only get the chance of the interview after enrolling in Sep 2019.
Is it definite that you will get a place with the medicine course after?
Anyone done this before?
Hello, I do Biomed and its the same with biology. You are guaranteed an interview but it doesn't mean an automatic transfer. If you want to transfer from the first year, you have to have achieved the 3 As or you qualify for contextual data at BSMS, but it may be different entry criteria for biology. You could also apply in the third year for GEM if you get an upper 2:1 or 1st. it is not definite and you will have to do the BMAT, apply as normal through UCAS. A friend of mine who is an international student was successful in transferring from Biomed to medicine in the first year.
UserenameNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Random_Student)
Hello, I do Biomed and its the same with biology. You are guaranteed an interview but it doesn't mean an automatic transfer. If you want to transfer from the first year, you have to have achieved the 3 As or you qualify for contextual data at BSMS, but it may be different entry criteria for biology. You could also apply in the third year for GEM if you get an upper 2:1 or 1st. it is not definite and you will have to do the BMAT, apply as normal through UCAS. A friend of mine who is an international student was successful in transferring from Biomed to medicine in the first year.
Hi!
Thanks for the reply. So would I have to get the 3A's for Alevel? Do you know when the interview would be? Also do you know if I would have to do the UKCAT? What's a "Contextual data at BSMS"? Did you want to transfer after year 1? Is it quite competetive? I assume it vaires every year though right? Sorry theres a lot of questions..
Random_Student
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UserenameNot)
Hi!
Thanks for the reply. So would I have to get the 3A's for Alevel? Do you know when the interview would be? Also do you know if I would have to do the UKCAT? What's a "Contextual data at BSMS"? Did you want to transfer after year 1? Is it quite competetive? I assume it vaires every year though right? Sorry theres a lot of questions..
Np! if you want to transfer after the first year then yes you need 3 As. if not, then you will be applying to GEM and will also apply to other unis like normal. Some of these unis won't look at your A levels if you get a 1st or a high 2:1 out of your degree. If you apply to BSMS then you have to do the BMAT but if you do GEM at the end of year three, then it depends on the uni. some uni's ask for BMAT, some for UKCAT and some GAMSAT (some don't even ask for an admission test but that's rare!) I wanted to transfer after the first year but couldn't because of my A levels. yep, it is competitive but many haven't heard of it so they don't go for it. But, yes it does vary each year. Contextual data: https://www.bsms.ac.uk/undergraduate...sms/index.aspx

Hope that all explains everything!
161BMW
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surely is better to apply direct to Medicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Education studies + health and clinical practice + health professions + language, linguistics and creative writing + medicine + nursing + psychology + social work + teacher training, PGCE and EYITT + research study Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20
  • University of Brighton
    Art and design + graphic design and illustration + history of art and design + humanities + media + photography, film and sound + textiles + research study Postgraduate
    Thu, 6 Feb '20
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + journalism + sport and exercise + research study Postgraduate
    Tue, 11 Feb '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed