Characteristics/symptoms of someone whose drink has been spiked? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

**TL;DR: Have you or someone you know ever had your drink spiked and what were you/they acting like? Any characteristics unusual, even when you/they're drunk?**

I am suspicious my drink was spiked on a night out in Newcastle (possibly at The Soho Rooms) last Saturday.
As far as I can remember:
Before going out I drank some white wine (9% alc) and some Apple Sourz (15% alc), and at The Soho Rooms I had two trebles and either one or two Jägerbombs. Although I'm a small build (so a bit of a lightweight!), I've been going on nights out regularly for over 2 years and this isn't more than I usually drink.
There's a period of the night that I completely cannot remember - it could be half an hour or 4 hours. I know people can find themselves not remembering whole nights due to their own willing alcohol consumption but I've never had that much alcohol before [to have no recollections of the night] and don't think I drank enough on Saturday to reach that point.
I remember dancing in Soho with my friends and I remember sitting in front of a toilet in my accommodation bawling my eyes out while a flatmate comforted me, and the only memory between those two is a very vague memory of being stood in an alleyway next to Soho, although doing what or with whom I don't know.
Apparently during this time that I can't remember, I projectile vomited outside a takeaway shop for 2 hours, screaming and shouting all the while, went back to my accommodation and vomited all over the house, vomited in a bag while sat in bed, and then took out anger (for whatever reason I don't know) physically on my friend I had to share a bed with - all before the kind flatmate took me to the bathroom and sat with me.
My mum was speaking to a family friend yesterday and was explaining my experience. Before she got to saying that one conclusion I'm reaching is that I was spiked, her friend said "It sounds like she was spiked!!" and shared a similar story, that her son had his drink spiked and similarly can't remember anything, was said to be vomiting a lot and shouting, and punched his cousin and a bouncer (when he's not a characteristically aggressive/physical person); although he also had hallucinations whereas I didn't.
This made me wonder if there's any common characteristics of someone who's had their drink spiked? I've looked online at the side-effects of common date-rape drugs but they only seem to be lowered inhibitions, memory loss, vomiting, drowsiness/losing consciousness, etc. and nothing on screaming/shouting/being aggressive/etc.
SO what I'm trying to ask is whether you or anyone you know has had their drink spiked and showed similar characteristics, which are out of character even when you/they're drunk?

**TL;DR: Have you or someone you know ever had your drink spiked and what were you/they acting like? Any characteristics unusual, even when you/they're drunk?**

Thanks in advance !
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Generally typical spiking drugs make you calmer not aggressive. However it's also not uncommon for people to spike with more alcohol, once you've had a few you won't notice a couple of extra shots dropped into your drink.

For most people who ask this question though the answer is that alcohol tolerance isn't constant. You can react differently on different days depending on lots of factors. It's also very easy to forget a couple of drinks. The chances are that's the reason.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't say there are any common characteristics among all drink-spikings, because there are so many different things a drink could be spiked with. GHB and Ketamine would produce different reactions, for example.
Chazmo233
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For 10 years me and friends would throw out that we might have been spiked to explain our behaviour!
Loud/sleepy/promiscuous/angry/sloppy etc.
Until 2 of us actually got spiked at age 28 and we knew we had never been before.
After 2 drinks and a lunch the last we remember is saying goodbye and leaving at 4pm. At around midnight i woke up with a story of people finding me in the middle of a park- not assualted- early evening.
Dazed and nauseous the doctor had tested for GHB and was positive. The people who spiked up probably didn't realise we would be travelling home so soon but it was a horrendously scary time. Be careful ladies and gents
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads