Who is your favorite (professional) sportsman/-woman? Watch

Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Sport is a part of our life, be it as a supporter of it who visits competitions to cheer on teams or just an individual, or be it as a man or woman who is active in sport and possibly even participates in competitions by himself/herself. In a certain degree, many people have a sport which they share with passion. That is why I wonder: does a person in (professional) sport exist who you admire and why?

It has not to be a certain sport - it can be all kinds of sports, even the ones which are controversial in calling sports, so snooker, darts and even the racing sports (formula 1 for instance). And it does not matter whether it is a popular sport as in football or not so known in the public, say sailing. From a team to an individual sport, no limit exists. The sports and thus their personalities are not restricted.

Maybe you are doing sports for yourself and has a role model who is an incentive for you to get better and to improve your skills?

Have fun to talk!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
No one who has an idol in sports? no one who admire a certain pro because of the skills? it is hard to imagine...

shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Lionel Messi

Brings joy to football fans all around the globe. The man is phenomenal, sometimes it makes you wonder if he really is human...And besides he's really humble too even though he's a good few levels above every other world class player out there. GOAT
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
y.u.mad.bro?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Lionel Messi

Brings joy to football fans all around the globe. The man is phenomenal, sometimes it makes you wonder if he really is human...And besides he's really humble too even though he's a good few levels above every other world class player out there. GOAT
Im not sure of he is above every other world class player but yeah watching him dribble os probably the most satisfying thing.
username4094562
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Babe Ruth.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Lionel Messi

So in your opinion he is the best player in the world, even better than his eternal rival Ronaldo in fighting for being the world best footballer? do you think that MPappe may best him in a few years?

(Original post by y.u.mad.bro?)
Im not sure of he is above every other world class player but yeah watching him dribble os probably the most satisfying thing.

True, I liked and still like his individual skills, but I think he is at his peak now.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Of all time, probably Ronaldo (the real one). Best striker of all time and would have been the best player ever were it not for those injuries. Surely every football fan loves Ronaldo.

Favourite of the current players, I like Harry Kane and Troy Deeney Deeney as well as being a good pro and working his way up talks so much sense and is a down to earth guy, which makes me like him more.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Esther Vergeer and Natalia Partyka
S.G.
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Eden Hazard and Virat Kohli.
TomNelson1805
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Adam peaty, Proper nice guy and is probably the most dominant athlete bar maybe mo farah
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by TomNelson1805)
Adam peaty, Proper nice guy and is probably the most dominant athlete bar maybe mo farah
Mo Farah seems like such a **** imo.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
Of all time, probably Ronaldo (the real one). Best striker of all time and would have been the best player ever were it not for those injuries. Surely every football fan loves Ronaldo.

Favourite of the current players, I like Harry Kane and Troy Deeney Deeney as well as being a good pro and working his way up talks so much sense and is a down to earth guy, which makes me like him more.
You meant the Brazilian one who got the top scorer with 8 goals at the World Cup 2002 and scored twice in the final and thus made Brazil to the champions of the world for the fith and up today the last time? I remember me well, as he botched the Victory for the Germans! -.-" that is why it is so hard for me to love him but you are right! he was a fantastic striker in a time when Brazil still had a true magic team with Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Kaka just to name a few. The last glory generation.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
No one who has an idol in sports? no one who admire a certain pro because of the skills? it is hard to imagine...

Christiano Ronaldo.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
You meant the Brazilian one who got the top scorer with 8 goals at the World Cup 2002 and scored twice in the final and thus made Brazil to the champions of the world for the fith and up today the last time? I remember me well, as he botched the Victory for the Germans! -.-" that is why it is so hard for me to love him but you are right! he was a fantastic striker in a time when Brazil still had a true magic team with Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Kaka just to name a few. The last glory generation.
It should be an honour to be humiliated in a World Cup final by the great Ronaldo imo.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
So in your opinion he is the best player in the world, even better than his eternal rival Ronaldo in fighting for being the world best footballer? do you think that MPappe may best him in a few years?

True, I liked and still like his individual skills, but I think he is at his peak now.
Messi’s always been better than Ronaldo. In recent years Ronaldo gets more credit by the media because Real Madrid have won UCL 3 times in a row, as a team. Individually, Messi is the better player. I’ll just leave this here, one day Ronaldo may score a goal half as good as this:

I watched both Messi and Ronaldo for the past 5/6 years, the difference is immense honestly. One guy’s mainly a poacher and tap in expert, while the other is a complete player, guess who’s who. I almost feel bad for Ronaldo being born in the same era as Messi

MBappe is overrated. Good player, but won’t come close to ever being the best imo. Probably will get somewhere close to Neymar
Kallisto
Rep:
?
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
Christiano Ronaldo.
Do you think he will be the same, id est the world best at Juventus? when he played for Real Madrid, he had his players around him to shine, in Italy too?

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
It should be an honour to be humiliated in a World Cup final by the great Ronaldo imo.
Would even go a step further and say that it should be an honour to play against or with him in a team.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Messi’s always been better than Ronaldo. In recent years Ronaldo gets more credit by the media because Real Madrid have won UCL 3 times in a row, as a team. Individually, Messi is the better player. I’ll just leave this here, one day Ronaldo may score a goal half as good as this:

I watched both Messi and Ronaldo for the past 5/6 years, the difference is immense honestly. One guy’s mainly a poacher and tap in expert, while the other is a complete player, guess who’s who. I almost feel bad for Ronaldo being born in the same era as Messi

MBappe is overrated. Good player, but won’t come close to ever being the best imo. Probably will get somewhere close to Neymar
Mbappe isn't overrated at all imo, he will be the best forward in the world for a long time. But I agree with the rest of your post.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Max Verstappen. Born in the same month as me.
Hirsty97
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ric Flair
snugglebear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
off the top of my head, rafael nadal because he is really lovely and he's good at tennis too. sorry, I'm not into sports that much...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads