The Student Room Group

Where am I going wrong?

[redacted]
(edited 4 years ago)
Bump
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Bump

Lil tip - don’t bump a thread after 8 minutes...

No idea. It’s likely just stronger competition. They limit down the number of applicants at each stage, and others happened to do better. Try not to take it personally.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Lil tip - don’t bump a thread after 8 minutes...

No idea. It’s likely just stronger competition. They limit down the number of applicants at each stage, and others happened to do better. Try not to take it personally.

Was only bumping cause some guy was spamming duplicate threads, haha.

Yeah, I get your point, it makes sense if there is an initial filtering process.
So far I have applied for 5 grad schemes; Police Now, Barclays (Risk Analyst), Morrisons (Online), British Airways (Future Leaders) and Tesco (Customer Marketing).

I have been rejected after the psychometric tests on all of them except Tesco which I passed and will have a video interview in October.

With me failing the psychometric and personality tests, is this indicating something wrong with me, or am I simply not what they are looking for?

Just a bit stumped and unsure where to go at this point.

FYI: My degree is BA Media Production, and I'm on course to get a 2:1

lol, 5? those are rookie numbers man, pump them up.

the more tests you do the better you'll get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far I have applied for 5 grad schemes; Police Now, Barclays (Risk Analyst), Morrisons (Online), British Airways (Future Leaders) and Tesco (Customer Marketing).

I have been rejected after the psychometric tests on all of them except Tesco which I passed and will have a video interview in October.

With me failing the psychometric and personality tests, is this indicating something wrong with me, or am I simply not what they are looking for?

Hi there,

Did you request feedback from the ones you were rejected from to find out why? If not you may want to give this a try as it will give you the first hand reason as to why you were unsuccessful.

Graduate schemes are highly competitive and there will be thousands of other students applying for the same schemes who like you have been filling out numerous applications and going through the psychometric tests. Please try to not get too down heartened or discouraged by this.

Good luck with your Tesco interview and any future applications you make, you may also find the following website of use with your search:https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/getting-a-job/graduate-schemes

Thanks - Sophie.
Reply 6

Have you practiced the tests? That seems to be the big problem, Also, as noted above, you should apply for far more schemes - it really can be a numbers game.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending