The Student Room Group

Do colleges let you take only 1 or 2 A-Levels?

I want to go to uni abroad and there requirements say GCSEs but they give preference to A-Level students, so I thought I might as well just to 1 or 2 as they don’t care about how many you’ve done, so do colleges let you do 1 or 2 A-Levels or is that out of the question?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Oneiropólos
I want to go to uni abroad and there requirements say GCSEs but they give preference to A-Level students, so I thought I might as well just to 1 or 2 as they don’t care about how many you’ve done, so do colleges let you do a or 2 A-Levels or is that out of the question?

One A level is almost certainly not an option at a sixth-form or FE College. I would have thought two is the same. The problem is that they don't add up to a full-time programme, so you'd either have to do three, or supplement two with another course.

Best thing is to check with some local providers.
I want to go to uni abroad and there requirements say GCSEs but they give preference to A-Level students, so I thought I might as well just to 1 or 2 as they don’t care about how many you’ve done, so do colleges let you do a or 2 A-Levels or is that out of the question?

Are you sure by “preference to a level students” they mean more than just one?

I’m sure if they said they give preference to GCSE students, they don’t mean a single qualification.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Are you sure by “preference to a level students” they mean more than just one?

I’m sure if they said they give preference to GCSE students, they don’t mean a single qualification.

Well they have said the amount for GCSE students, they want 8 and I have 11 so that seems fine, they didn’t specify for A-Levels so I emailed them rn to see
Reply 4

Some colleges may let you but it’s always best to keep your options open. I’d say do 3 in case you change your mind and want to go to university in the UK or in case you need them further down the line!
Well they have said the amount for GCSE students, they want 8 and I have 11 so that seems fine, they didn’t specify for A-Levels so I emailed them rn to see

Fair enough, see what they say. There’s nothing to stop you enrolling in 3, taking all of you need them, or dropping out of your least favourite if you only want 2.
Original post by FloralHybrid
Fair enough, see what they say. There’s nothing to stop you enrolling in 3, taking all of you need them, or dropping out of your least favourite if you only want 2.

Yeh ur right thanks for the advice 👍🏼

Quick Reply

Latest