Yes (7)
87.5%
No (1)
12.5%
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
These days it seems like watching a film trailer is like watching a 2 minute montage of a film and often spoils a dramatic twist or character.

I've given up on watching trailers and found great delight in going in blind. Anyone else with me here?
twentystraveller
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I actually agree with you on this one. But also, I've found that some trailers in particular heighten the film, and so it gives you high expectations of the film as well, by the time you've finished the film, it's a disappointment and not as good as you thought it to be.
anniekeshler
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I usually watch the trailers first before I decide to watch the actual film.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll usually watch the first "reveal" trailer and that's it. They usually give a decent impression of the tone of a movie without spoiling it as later trailers tend to do.
Rep:
?
(Original post by twentystraveller)
Hey! I actually agree with you on this one. But also, I've found that some trailers in particular heighten the film, and so it gives you high expectations of the film as well, by the time you've finished the film, it's a disappointment and not as good as you thought it to be.
:woo:
Especially with all these especially for the trailer scenes and dialogue :sadnod:

(Original post by anniekeshler)
I usually watch the trailers first before I decide to watch the actual film.
Have you ever felt that a trailer spoilt a film?
n a m e l e s s
Report 1 year ago
No but I MUST read reviews on IMDB (from the viewer perspective) and Rotten Tomatoes (from the professional critic perspective) first and then I leave a comment myself I actually enjoy it
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah, only watch the one trailer though like the 'official' one. if they release ones about like other scenes i don't watch them.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, I am watching trailer now and then, despite the risk of spoilers. I am almost reading a description to the film before I decide to go to the cinema.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kallisto)
Yeah, I am watching trailer now and then, despite the risk of spoilers. I am almost reading a description to the film before I decide to go to the cinema.
I often found film description texts reveal too little or aren't accurate enough
garythanie
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Nun (2018) trailer made me watch the film.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 8472)
I often found film description texts reveal too little or aren't accurate enough
If it is too accurate, the film is too detailed described what would be annoying, as too much information ruins a film too. It is sufficient to know the raw information to gauge a visit to the cinema.
   
Badges: 4
Report 1 year ago
Trailers usually ruin films. My Favourite trailer was for Episode 7 (the first trailer)
scorpion95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I generally watch trailers before watch the film as it gives me more of an insight of what the film is about and what it is likely to be like, some films the trailer is the best and not the film but with others the film is really good and what expected it to be like from the trailer. If I don't like the look of the film from the trailer then won't watch it although it could be better than the trailer suggests.

I don't think that I have gone into many films without seeing the trailer first however some films you don't need to as you know what the film is roughly going to be like and if it is going to be good especially if it is a film series such as Bourne, Avengers, etc
urbanwarfare
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, absolutely. Imagine a film without a debut trailer or posters or anything like that...
Luke9380
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 8472)
These days it seems like watching a film trailer is like watching a 2 minute montage of a film and often spoils a dramatic twist or character.

I've given up on watching trailers and found great delight in going in blind. Anyone else with me here?
I dont like to watch trailers for upcoming films besides star wars although i always watch the trailers for movies im interested in watching to get a general feel and idea of the story and themes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads