EudorianLombax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone.

I'm a first year student who will be studying at the UoN this year. I've registered online and set up my username and password, but can't log into the MyNottingham app. I keep getting the message "an irrecoverable error has occurred" when trying to switch from a guest profile to a student one.

I'm using (what I believe to be correct) my university username given to me after I registered online. I've tried my UCAS username, the MyNottingham username given to me after I initially applied and my university email, but I keep getting the same error message.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there are any solutions. I've been trying to log in for the past week to no avail. Any help is appreciated!
ikra.m
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EudorianLombax)
Hey everyone.

I'm a first year student who will be studying at the UoN this year. I've registered online and set up my username and password, but can't log into the MyNottingham app. I keep getting the message "an irrecoverable error has occurred" when trying to switch from a guest profile to a student one.

I'm using (what I believe to be correct) my university username given to me after I registered online. I've tried my UCAS username, the MyNottingham username given to me after I initially applied and my university email, but I keep getting the same error message.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there are any solutions. I've been trying to log in for the past week to no avail. Any help is appreciated!
OMG!! I'm having the same problem and have been chasing IT services but all they say is to reinstall the app! If you find a solution, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeee eeeeeeee let me know!
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You use your username that's given to you. It's at the start of your university email (don't put the @nottingham.ac.uk bit).

Call the smart bar people and see what they say. Although from my experience, they are as useful as google.
EudorianLombax
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ikra.m)
OMG!! I'm having the same problem and have been chasing IT services but all they say is to reinstall the app! If you find a solution, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssseeee eeeeeeee let me know!
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
You use your username that's given to you. It's at the start of your university email (don't put the @nottingham.ac.uk bit).

Call the smart bar people and see what they say. Although from my experience, they are as useful as google.
Thanks for the replies.

I've tried logging in to the app on my mum's phone and it works fine, so it must be an issue with my phone.

I spoke to a member of the IT team in person on Thursday and he said that he's never encountered this issue before. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to show him that doesn't resolve the issue. He concluded that the app might not work with my version of Android (4.4.2). I gave him my university username and he said he'll contact me if the issue is resolved.

I've heard a lot about the IT service being useless so I'm doubting that this issue will be fixed anytime soon. If anything happens, I'll post it here.
Slint
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there - apologies, but unfortunately Android 4.4.2 is no longer supported by the MyNottingham app. I've noticed that the Google Play store still (incorrectly) states that 4.4 upwards is supported - I'm looking to get this updated.Cheers - Rob
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads