Which unis should I visit?

Watch this thread
RobEaster
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, my name is Rob and I am currently in year 12, and have just started my A Levels.

Over the next year or so I will be visting various universities to help me find where I would like to study, however I am having a tough time narrowing down a list on places I would like to visit.

The A levels I study are: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics

Currently, I believe I would like to study chemistry/chemical engineering or maths as I am really interested by these subjects and have a genuine passion for them.

The only factor I can think of that is important to me is:
location - has to be in/near a town/city centre

Currently I would like to think that I am not limited by entry requirements as I will be working extremely hard the next two years to ensure I get to go to the uni I desire.

Here is my list of unis I will DEFINTELY visit:
Oxbridge
Imperial
Warwick

Help me find more!
Zaporizhia
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RobEaster)
Hi, my name is Rob and I am currently in year 12, and have just started my A Levels.

Over the next year or so I will be visting various universities to help me find where I would like to study, however I am having a tough time narrowing down a list on places I would like to visit.

The A levels I study are: Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics

Currently, I believe I would like to study chemistry/chemical engineering or maths as I am really interested by these subjects and have a genuine passion for them.

The only factor I can think of that is important to me is:
location - has to be in/near a town/city centre

Currently I would like to think that I am not limited by entry requirements as I will be working extremely hard the next two years to ensure I get to go to the uni I desire.

Here is my list of unis I will DEFINTELY visit:
Oxbridge
Imperial
Warwick

Help me find more!
The ones you want to. Hope this helped
alexcz578
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
google exists for a reason bro
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Have a look at the league tables for each subject you want to study and go through every single one, until the 50th or 100th one. Make a note of entry requirements, course details, dates of open days etc. and decide which 7 or 8 take your fancy. Then visit those ones, and narrow it down to 5 from there.
Zaporizhia
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Have a look at the league tables for each subject you want to study and go through every single one, until the 50th or 100th one. Make a note of entry requirements, course details, dates of open days etc. and decide which 7 or 8 take your fancy. Then visit those ones, and narrow it down to 5 from there.
Maybe he should just pick the top 5 unis based on the league tables an visit them?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zaporizhia)
Maybe he should just pick the top 5 unis based on the league tables an visit them?
Imo league tables aren't everything. The most important thing is how you feel about the uni. If you limit yourself to just the top 5 on the tables you're more likely to make yourself miserable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (26)
18.57%
The paper was reasonable (62)
44.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (23)
16.43%
It was TERRIBLE (29)
20.71%

Watched Threads