The Student Room Group

Engineering Degree Help!?

Ok, Assume I get AAB and I apply for a uni which requires AAA, would they completely reject me or put me down for a foundation year (Due to subjects) which has requirements of BBB? Since the Uni has a scheme for people like me who don't take physics a level. If they rejected me for the main course would they move me down to the foundation year?

Subjects: Math, Comp sci, Geography
Reply 1
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Ok, Assume I get AAB and I apply for a uni which requires AAA, would they completely reject me or put me down for a foundation year (Due to subjects) which has requirements of BBB? Since the Uni has a scheme for people like me who don't take physics a level. If they rejected me for the main course would they move me down to the foundation year?

Subjects: Math, Comp sci, Geography

Universities, barring the very top few, are quite generous with offers. Just because you have AAB predicted doesn't mean they can't give you an AAA-A*AA offer.
Original post by Sinnoh
Universities, barring the very top few, are quite generous with offers. Just because you have AAB predicted doesn't mean they can't give you an AAA-A*AA offer.

Hold up, so i could get accepted but I have to get AAA-A*AA?
Reply 3
Hold up, so i could get accepted but I have to get AAA-A*AA?

Are you applying post-A-level?
Original post by Sinnoh
Are you applying post-A-level?

No, I'm in year 13. ABB are my predicted grades (Around that)
Reply 5
No, I'm in year 13. ABB are my predicted grades (Around that)

Well then yes, they can give you an offer that's higher than what you're predicted. Besides, at a lot of good universities, a large proportion of applicants are given offers - at least 80%, quite often.
Does it say "typical offer" or "minimum offer"?
Original post by Sinnoh
Well then yes, they can give you an offer that's higher than what you're predicted. Besides, at a lot of good universities, a large proportion of applicants are given offers - at least 80%, quite often.
Does it say "typical offer" or "minimum offer"?

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/prospectus/courseDetails.do?id=H1002019

dosent say anything like that. (BTW if i did go there, I would be doing the engineering Pathway programme)
bump
lol

Quick Reply

Latest