xo_charlotte_xo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I am a current Year 12 Student with the desire to study Archeology at Cambridge, however i feel that my GCSE results are not strong enough for an application.
I was just wondering if there was any way that i could boost my application to make up for 'lacklustre' GCSE's.
Are there any books/podcasts etc that i could use? Or is there little point in applying.
Thanks !
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xo_charlotte_xo)
Hi all,
I am a current Year 12 Student with the desire to study Archeology at Cambridge, however i feel that my GCSE results are not strong enough for an application.
I was just wondering if there was any way that i could boost my application to make up for 'lacklustre' GCSE's.
Are there any books/podcasts etc that i could use? Or is there little point in applying.
Thanks !
What were your GCSE results, if you don't mind me asking?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xo_charlotte_xo)
Hi all,
Thanks !
Poor GCSEs are never in themselves enough to scupper an application, so I wouldn't worry about that. There's a lot more that goes into whether or not an applicant is offered a place than just GCSE!

What are the results. I suspect that 'not strong enough' is a TSR version...
xo_charlotte_xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edminzodo)
What were your GCSE results, if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you for the reply i got:
4 x grade 9's ( Drama/RE/History/English Lit) 1 x grade 8 3 X grade 7's a grade 6 and a grade 5
xo_charlotte_xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Poor GCSEs are never in themselves enough to scupper an application, so I wouldn't worry about that. There's a lot more that goes into whether or not an applicant is offered a place than just GCSE!

What are the results. I suspect that 'not strong enough' is a TSR version...
Thank you for the reply, it is a great relief to hear this !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (2)
40%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (1)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
40%

Watched Threads