Barty81
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi - boring question - but my son is going to Hatfield and I was wondering how much the washing machine costs for a wash? Is it coin operated? Do the machines take liquid and powder? TIA
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Cryptokyo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Barty81)
Hi - boring question - but my son is going to Hatfield and I was wondering how much the washing machine costs for a wash? Is it coin operated? Do the machines take liquid and powder? TIA
Hi there, I can tell you about the laundry situation at St Mary's College. I assume it is similar to Hatfield's so hopefully this will help you out.

Mary's uses a card scheme run by No. 1 Circuit Laundry. You add funds to the card online and verify the top up at a little machine in the JCR. Then you swipe the card to operate the washing machines.

The majority of the washing machines require no liquid or powder as they have pumps which put this in for you. For these machines you pay £3.50 for an ECO wash, £4.00 for a Superwash or £4.50 for a Superwash Plus and they have a variety of settings (e.g. 40 degrees colours, 30 degree wool etc). The only between the prices seemed to be the amount of detergent that the machine used - but I am rather clueless in this field.

Some machines take your own detergent for a fixed cost of £3.50 but I have never used them so I am not really sure about anything past this.

The tumble dryers were free to use and ironing boards and irons were provided.

Hope this helps
Barty81
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you. That’s great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads