Moved to Imperial College London
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by jesutbura00
Thread for 2019 applicants :

say gcse & predicted grades

Hi,
I'm hoping to apply for the meng computing course.
My GCSEs are 10 A*s and an A^ in further maths gcse. I'm predicted A*A*A*A* in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics A levels.
I would really love to study at Imperial because I love the look of the course and the city of London as well.
What other universities are you applying for and why do you want to go to Imperial?
GCSE : A*A*A*A*AAAAABB

Predicted : A*A*A*A

Looking at imperial OR Cambridge !!
hey did anyone give the online admission test for computing??
Everyone gets it just logic questions with a bit of maths
I was asking that has anyone given it already, coz I have given it on 28 September 2018
I personally havent but i know a friend who did it on the 28th of september .He did above average got like 6/8 correct he thinks
Original post by jesutbura00
I personally havent but i know a friend who did it on the 28th of september .He did above average got like 6/8 correct he thinks

is he active on tsr or is there any other way I can talk to him??
Original post by manit
is he active on tsr or is there any other way I can talk to him??

That isn't a good idea.
why?
I just wanna know did he get any reply or update from imperial as of now.... coz I haven't
Reply 12
Original post by manit
I just wanna know did he get any reply or update from imperial as of now.... coz I haven't

Imperial takes anything from 2 - 6 (even more in some cases) weeks to respond.
umm OK
He hasnt got interview yet he only got invited to do the test. Everyone who they believe is a potential candidate gets invited for the online test
Hiya!

My GCSE Grades: A* Distinction
(I am an international student so I did not take GCSEs formally but I do took two maths for pure interest)

ASes done: 4As with full UMS in all Maths Units
Predicted Grades for A Levels: 5A*s (will be taking FMaths AS+A2 in Year 13)

I did the online admission test on Friday! It was pretty decent I'd say and quite challenging for the short time but I think I managed to do all of them!

I'm really glad that someone made this thread to gather all the CS/JMC ppl tgt!
Would you guys say revision of topics would make much difference in the online admissions test or not really?
Original post by Sergio000
Would you guys say revision of topics would make much difference in the online admissions test or not really?

Tbh I don’t think it could be much revised.
there was some graph sketching and stuff and a lot of pseudo codes so if you ain’t as good with codes probs go and see how they work but the instructions given in the test would be more than sufficient for someone who have no knowledge to finish it (it’s just how little time there was)
Done the test (haven't gotten rejected or gone through to interview stage yet).

Revision doesn't help (as they say in the email), just stick to timings and you should be fine - best of luck!
Reply 19
Imperial compsci student here! It's MANDATORY for EVERYONE to do the test, regardless of whether you are a promising student or not. Sometimes it also takes more than 4 months to receive an interview invitation (mine did), especially if you're an international student, so I wouldn't worry if you didn't get your invitation in 6 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest