The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Computer Science 2019 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melisa_B
Sorry, I will be formal. I am an EU applicant and I think A*s are good predicted grades. Thus, I don’t think that’s the problem. All I want to know is when did you receive the invite for the interview. Thanks.

If you have seen my post above in the thread you would’ve known but i got my invite on 19/10
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Sorry, I will be formal. I am an EU applicant and I think A*s are good predicted grades. Thus, I don’t think that’s the problem. All I want to know is when did you receive the invite for the interview. Thanks.

No need to worry yet, I am in the same boat as you. Perfect grades and 8/8 but still waiting for the interview. I am sure we will get it, but I guess we will have to wait longer than the uk applicants.
Original post by AsianBoi2390
No need to worry yet, I am in the same boat as you. Perfect grades and 8/8 but still waiting for the interview. I am sure we will get it, but I guess we will have to wait longer than the uk applicants.

Yes, indeed. 😢
Yes, indeed. 😢

I'm still waiting as a UK applicant; some people will just get interview offers before others. We will just need to wait 😪
Reply 184
Original post by penball
same here. I applied on the 12th as well, I've only gotten an acknowledgement email.

Idk what's the reason but this gets me kinda worried, 🤔🤔🤔I received the acknowledgement email as well so I'm pretty sure they have got the application
Hey,

I was sent an email that there is an online test on the 8th November and I was wondering that couldn't some people just cheat and use other's help while doing the test because nobody is invigilating. Also, what kind of questions are asked, a couple of examples would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mystery
Original post by MysteryVader
Hey,

I was sent an email that there is an online test on the 8th November and I was wondering that couldn't some people just cheat and use other's help while doing the test because nobody is invigilating. Also, what kind of questions are asked, a couple of examples would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Mystery

Hi! The questions are really interesting, neither hard or easy. The problem might be the time because you have 8 questions and 40-45 minutes. Most of them will require time to be sure the answer is 100% correct. I had some simple geometry, some computer science problems ( dw they will explain them them in a clear way and everything will be then logical). Prepare yourself to meet limits and integration. Good luck.🍀
Original post by MysteryVader
Hey,

Thanks,
Mystery

Lool feel free to cheat , you may get an interview but if u perform badly on the interview day u will not be getting an offer . so might aswell do it properly and if u pass test it shows u r capable of getting an offer from imperial post interviws :smile:
Original post by jesutbura00
Lool feel free to cheat , you may get an interview but if u perform badly on the interview day u will not be getting an offer . so might aswell do it properly and if u pass test it shows u r capable of getting an offer from imperial post interviws :smile:

I know what you mean and I wouldn't do such a thing (I clearly said that "some people" not "me"), but maybe if another capable applicant cheats and gets an advantage for one of the questions, then it could make a whole lot of a difference if there is a decider after the interview stage due to borderline cases.
(edited 5 years ago)
Has anyone who sat the test on Oct 25th gotten a interview? I'm international...
Original post by Sidney1461
Has anyone who sat the test on Oct 25th gotten a interview? I'm international...

I am also an international student. I sat the test on Oct 5th, up to now, I haven't heard anything,:smile:
Reply 191
GCSE : 13A*s

Predicted : 4A*s (FM, M, Physics and CS)

BMO: Distinction.
Original post by mmbl2
GCSE : 13A*s

Predicted : 4A*s (FM, M, Physics and CS)

BMO: Distinction.

Have you given the Imperial Online Test yet? If yes, have you got an interview
Reply 193
Original post by FirstAstroRook
Have you given the Imperial Online Test yet? If yes, have you got an interview

Just done the test.
Original post by mmbl2
Just done the test.

Great, how was it?
Original post by FirstAstroRook
Great, how was it?

Most probably he/she nailed it. My man/woman has a distinction in BMO.
Original post by Sergio000
Hi 👋
I'm have an interview on the 7th, how are you preparing for it and where else are you applying?

Hey, all the best for interview tomorrow @-andromeda- and @Sergio000

Do update how it went!
Original post by wsq1226
I got the online test on 5th October 2018. I think I got 8 out of 8, but I haven't receive anything yet. :frown:
My A-level grades are A*A*(achieved)A*A*A(predicted).:s-smilie:
I am so stressing now.

Same my friend. I Probably got 6/8 at least and still nothing from them. Some heard on 31th which is 1 week before the first date of the interview. So , we will probably hear back on 13/14
Original post by mmbl2
Just done the test.

How long before the test were you notified about it? I'm still waiting to hear from them. They just requested my Romanian Baccalaureate predicted grades.
Original post by dslVlad
I just emailed them I can msg u the response when i receive it if u want

Have they responded yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending