Imperial College Computer Science 2019 applicants

Watch
Nahfaaam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adh231)
Not really. The last interview date for Imperial is 27th Febuary, and they give out interview invites atleast 1 week before, as Imperial interviews all applicants for CS and JMC, if you don't get an interview invite before 20th Febuary (latest probably 22nd). It probably means you got rejected. Of course, Imperial won't send you that rejection email till the last minute.
I was already interviewed last year so they don't necessarily interview me again which means I will only likely get any sort of confirmation when they send out the final batch of offers which will be about 3-4 weeks after the last interview date so near end of march ?
EdHo2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
del
Last edited by EdHo2000; 1 year ago
ibhsz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EdHo2000)
I did ring the admission team yesterday and they said the interview dates on the website are not fixed. This year they got over 3600 applications and they said there will be alternative interviews and a number of Skype interviews, so don't worry too much. I had my admission test in 11th Oct and still haven't heard back anything since then. Maybe just wait for a bit.
3600 for computing?
cholelwt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibhsz)
3600 for computing?
I think the stats are for JMC and Computing, McBrein has mentioned those figures
HasanQ585
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ibhsz)
3600 for computing?
Across the whole computing dept i believe so yeah
gotaDinmyartmock
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by EdHo2000)
I did ring the admission team yesterday and they said the interview dates on the website are not fixed. This year they got over 3600 applications and they said there will be alternative interviews and a number of Skype interviews, so don't worry too much. I had my admission test in 11th Oct and still haven't heard back anything since then. Maybe just wait for a bit.
"This year they got over 3600 applications" - Where did you get this number from? Just curious.
cholelwt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gotaDinmyartmock)
"This year they got over 3600 applications" - Where did you get this number from? Just curious.
The admission tutor said they are expecting 3600 at my interview 7/11 and some interviews later they said they met 3600 already
gotaDinmyartmock
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cholelwt)
The admission tutor said they are expecting 3600 at my interview 7/11 and some interviews later they said they met 3600 already
oh ok thanks
moomoo96
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nahfaaam)
Several people last year were in that situation and recieved and offer with no interview
I applied last year too, got a conditional offer but missed the STEP grade by a little. This cycle i did the online test but no interview invite, am still waiting for one. Was their situation somewhat like this? (International applicant from Singapore here)
Nahfaaam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by moomoo96)
I applied last year too, got a conditional offer but missed the STEP grade by a little. This cycle i did the online test but no interview invite, am still waiting for one. Was their situation somewhat like this? (International applicant from Singapore here)
What was your step offer? I met mine but missed the A* in FM by 5 marks all lost on copying down the question wrong...

And yes I'm pretty sure someone last year got a B in physics the year before and then reapplied and got an offer without interview
moomoo96
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What was your step offer? I met mine but missed the A* in FM by 5 marks all lost on copying down the question wrong...

And yes I'm pretty sure someone last year got a B in physics the year before and then reapplied and got an offer without interview
Grade 2 in both STEP II and II, i got a 3 in STEP II fml. I did not take A-levels, i applied with other qualifications (not IB either).

I hope you're right about getting an offer without being re-interviewed.
Did you get an online test this cycle?
Nahfaaam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by moomoo96)
Grade 2 in both STEP II and II, i got a 3 in STEP II fml. I did not take A-levels, i applied with other qualifications (not IB either).

I hope you're right about getting an offer without being re-interviewed.
Did you get an online test this cycle?
Damn. Tough step offer that. I did do the online test this time I think I got 7-8/8.
According to my school there was a guy a couple years back who reapplied and was asked to get a grade 1 in step iii although that was for maths but as I'm applying for jmc (and if you are too) then the step offer may be really high if we get an offer that is
Reape
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adh231)
Not really. The last interview date for Imperial is 27th Febuary, and they give out interview invites atleast 1 week before, as Imperial interviews all applicants for CS and JMC, if you don't get an interview invite before 20th Febuary (latest probably 22nd). It probably means you got rejected. Of course, Imperial won't send you that rejection email till the last minute.
A good % of applicants are given a place for computing without interview, according to a 2017 FOIA request.
Martin2343
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Reape)
A good % of applicants are given a place for computing without interview, according to a 2017 FOIA request.
For those wondering, this is what Reape was referring to:
Computing Statistics FOIA Request
It shows that most interviewed applicants get offered a place, whilst there are still around 25% that are offered without interview
Last edited by Martin2343; 1 year ago
Nahfaaam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Martin2343)
For those wondering, this is what Reape was referring to:
Computing Statistics FOIA Request
It shows that most interviewed applicants get offered a place, whilst there are still around 25% that are offered without interview
However that was two years ago so things may have changed!
Martin2343
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
However that was two years ago so things may have changed!
Well, obviously things change.. But i'd take it as a good indicator. Although it doesn't mention when these "non interviewed" applicants get their offers; for all we know, they could have already received their offers.
cholelwt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, obviously things change.. But i'd take it as a good indicator. Although it doesn't mention when these "non interviewed" applicants get their offers; for all we know, they could have already received their offers.
Well according to some current students they say those who didn’t get interviewed and have an offer are often reapplicants who missed their offer last year
Take the % with a pinch of salt tho with a 18:1 I highly doubt the chance of not interviewed and getting in
Martin2343
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well according to some current students they say those who didn’t get interviewed and have an offer are often reapplicants who missed their offer last year
Take the % with a pinch of salt tho with a 18:1 I highly doubt the chance of not interviewed and getting in
Makes sense, as their website makes it seem as if all applicants are in fact interviewed. I do agree that the % is inflated; possibly due to oversea applicants, who have already received their results and so maybe do not need to be interviewed
cholelwt
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Makes sense, as their website makes it seem as if all applicants are in fact interviewed. I do agree that the % is inflated; possibly due to oversea applicants, who have already received their results and so maybe do not need to be interviewed
According to my email for invite an interview is compulsory for them to make the offer
Probs a whole lot of Skype interviews will come who knows (I have a lot of friends waiting too and I hope they’ll get in)
Martin2343
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
According to my email for invite an interview is compulsory for them to make the offer
Probs a whole lot of Skype interviews will come who knows (I have a lot of friends waiting too and I hope they’ll get in)
Do you know approximately how many applicants were invited for each interview day?
I wouldn't expect UK applicants to be skype interviewed as they have a ton of oversea applicants
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads