The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Computer Science 2019 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsediva
Wow, that brilliant. Well done to get the interview.

Where else have you applied this year?

I applied to Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Bristol (offer, A*AA)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
All the best!

Original post by cholelwt
I applied to Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Bristol (offer, A*AA)
All the best!

You too
I also did the test on 5/10 but haven't heard anything, idk if I should be worrying yet, its probably not healthy to keep on stalking these applicant threads, but I can't help it. Applying for the MEng G401
A Levels - Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computer Science
Predicted Grades : 4A*s
GCSEs: 7A*s, 3As
Original post by anedgyweeb
I also did the test on 5/10 but haven't heard anything, idk if I should be worrying yet, its probably not healthy to keep on stalking these applicant threads, but I can't help it. Applying for the MEng G401

last year people were getting interviews as late as February/early March. So there is no reason to be worried in the slightest. They get tons of applicants and therefore it takes a very long time sometimes. Last year I was rejected after 6 months hahaha, just to give you an idea of how long they take.
Original post by Rohan77642
last year people were getting interviews as late as February/early March. So there is no reason to be worried in the slightest. They get tons of applicants and therefore it takes a very long time sometimes. Last year I was rejected after 6 months hahaha, just to give you an idea of how long they take.

Ah that's good, just a bit worried cause, idk if this will like break any rules on discussing the test, but two of the answers I came to, even after double checking weren't very pleasing
Ah that's good, just a bit worried cause, idk if this will like break any rules on discussing the test, but two of the answers I came to, even after double checking weren't very pleasing

It's perfectly normal to worry about a decision, and I completely understand how painful the waiting game is. I was in the exact same position as you last year (just swap the online computing admissions test for the maths admissions test).
Hopefully, everything works out and you get an invite for an interview soon. :smile:
It's perfectly normal to worry about a decision, and I completely understand how painful the waiting game is. I was in the exact same position as you last year (just swap the online computing admissions test for the maths admissions test).
Hopefully, everything works out and you get an invite for an interview soon. :smile:

Thanks, well the test said they'd give some kind of response by 6 weeks, so I guess I'll jus have to wait and see
message me to discuss answers to test
Thanks, well the test said they'd give some kind of response by 6 weeks, so I guess I'll jus have to wait and see
Don't worry, as other's said they have a long list of applicants.

You say 5/10 ? Did they ask you to do 10 questions as usually everyone gets 8 questions.

Your Gcse and A levels are excellent you will surely get into Meng

Don't worry, as other's said they have a long list of applicants.

You say 5/10 ? Did they ask you to do 10 questions as usually everyone gets 8 questions.

Your Gcse and A levels are excellent you will surely get into Meng

That was the date I did it, I didn't see a result maybe I missed it, but emails said you wouldn't know the result so idk
My mistake, I read it wrong, and did not realize you were mentioning date of the exam :smile:

I think they have said, scores will not be shared or known to anyone so everyone has to estimate ownself the answers correctness.

With your qualifications, you will get into the Meng course? where else have you applied?

That was the date I did it, I didn't see a result maybe I missed it, but emails said you wouldn't know the result so idk
I am sure they can do all this quickly rather than taking 6 months to send rejections. What do they keep waiting for!

I am sure they can do all this quickly rather than taking 6 months to send rejections. What do they keep waiting for!

I dont know. Most rejections last year came in march. Just saying stuff from experience.
My mistake, I read it wrong, and did not realize you were mentioning date of the exam :smile:

I think they have said, scores will not be shared or known to anyone so everyone has to estimate ownself the answers correctness.

With your qualifications, you will get into the Meng course? where else have you applied?

Idk if I'll get in, I've seen a lot of people in the main Imperial thread and Cambridge thread have at least as good gcse's and predicted grades, and with Imperial's 12:1 applicant to place ratio, I'm certainly less than guaranteed.
I'm applying to Bath (have an offer), Manchester (have an interview), Southampton and Cambridge (Churchill College)
(edited 5 years ago)
I think UCAS applications can be sent until 15th January, so maybe they keep waiting for possible students.

Are you giving MAT this year? Did you take a GAP year or joined another course last year. Do you know if any universities go into clearing later in August incase rejected in March.

I dont know. Most rejections last year came in march. Just saying stuff from experience.
This good news if have offer and interviews already, I think doing at any of these will be as good career prospect wise. :smile:

Idk if I'll get in, I've seen a lot of people in the main Imperial thread and Cambridge thread have at least as good gcse's and predicted grades, and with Imperial's 12:1 applicant to place ratio, I'm certainly less than guaranteed.
I'm applying to Bath (have an offer), Manchester (have an interview), Southampton and Cambridge (Churchill College)
I think UCAS applications can be sent until 15th January, so maybe they keep waiting for possible students.

Are you giving MAT this year? Did you take a GAP year or joined another course last year. Do you know if any universities go into clearing later in August incase rejected in March.

yes. They do wait.

I am on a gap year. No idea about clearing sorry
Thanks for the reply. All the best.:smile:

yes. They do wait.

I am on a gap year. No idea about clearing sorry
(edited 5 years ago)
anyone have a warwick compsci yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending